SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    YHM Resonator anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YHM Resonator anyone have one? Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted
So I ordered a Yankee Hill Machine Resonator.Always wanted one for the boltgun. I bought as an impulse purchase because It was only $400. Gonna use is on a bolt gun and on a 6.5 creedmoor AR. The form 3 transfer is in and it is at my LGS. Decided to build a 300 blackout so I can play with the suppressor on my conjugal visits while it is in jail. Anyone have a resonator? Do you like it? Any issues?

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, and really like it. I think YHM’s QD mounting system is one of the very best on the market. I use it on several different rifles including 6.5CM, 300WM, 308, and 300BO.
It is very quiet and I haven’t had any issues with it. I think you will enjoy it.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Shot a Resonator on a breast-feed until it glowed, sounded good.
If your can is on a Form 3 that is for an SOT to SOT transfer... if you don't have a license and you are buying it the SOT SOT gunshop will have to transfer it into their inventory then do the painful Form 4 transfer to you.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
belt-feed

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:
Shot a Resonator on a breast-feed until it glowed, sounded good.
If your can is on a Form 3 that is for an SOT to SOT transfer... if you don't have a license and you are buying it the SOT SOT gunshop will have to transfer it into their inventory then do the painful Form 4 transfer to you.
yep. They just transferred it to my local gun shop and the waiting begins.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
This is the one I want as well I am thinking.

You have to put the YHM muzzle device on the rifle you wish to use it on right. That is the only down side I can see. I you plan to use on multi rifles they all have to have their muzzle device installed. Or do I have it wrong?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
This is the one I want as well I am thinking.

You have to put the YHM muzzle device on the rifle you wish to use it on right. That is the only down side I can see. If you plan to use it on multi rifles they all have to have their muzzle device installed. Or do I have it wrong?

posted Hide Post
That is the normal way it’s done, a separate QD mount on each gun you intended to shoot the suppressor on. I guess you could move one mount, from gun to gun, but that is not the way most suppressor owners do it. It seems to me that practice would defeat the purpose of having a QD Mount...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dfwglockguy,

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Yankee Hill QD mounts go on sale every holiday. Stock up then. Yankee Hill makes an adapter (3060) which allows you to use your Yankee Hill mount on SilencerCo Harvestor, DeadAir Nomad or Energetic Armament Vox. The YHM QD mount is very rugged and reliable. Yankee Hill’s warranty is solid.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So my dealer gave me a price of $459 on one and I had him order it. Need to get pix and fingerprint cards done. Should be in about 10 days from now. Then I can take pix and fpc's in and pay the $200 to submit and wait. Razz

On the Resonator. I ordered the one with the muzzle break device vs flash hider? Any thoughts

This is my one and only. Pretty excited.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that MTC29, that was pretty helpful to see.

When YHM has a sale I may pick up a couple more muzzle devices. Maybe one of each.

I will shoot my rifles without the resonator some Eek

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Oh Happy day! just got the call and the tax stamp is in. Just over two months. Surprised the hell out of me. I was figuring June of 2020.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
2 months on an individual? Paper or E file?
Damn that's quick.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
individual

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Oh happy day indeed. Congrats. Wink That is awesome. My check was just cashed last week for a Resonator too. Oh Please!!

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Took my resonator out today. Tried it on my AR10 in 6.5 cm and my 300 blackout AR. Great can! I really like the QD mounting system. Can't find a reason to dislike anything about this can. Zero impact shift. great QD mounts, good sound reduction.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
That is awesome to hear. Especially since I am the "bastard" that got you into this predicament Wink

Was the sound cut by a third or half or something else. Just curious how the reduction in sound was to your ear?

Where did you buy your extra muzzle devices and tell me about the cost to have them mounted.

Again, awesome to hear how you like it and how it preforms.

I cannot wait to get mine as well. I am wildly optimistic that it will be right after the first of the year. Not July Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I purchased my extra mount(muzzle break) directly from Yankee hill. It was around $90. I mounted them myself. I purchased shims to mount them. Its pretty easy to play with the shims to time the brake with the assorted shims. Don't use a crush washer.

I couldn't tell you the amount of noise reduction but my ears were fine shooting the can on a 300 blackout with supersonic and subsonic ammo. It was good with the 6.5 cm as well. I'm pretty happy with this can. Thanks for helping me decide on this purchase. I already have a dedicated 556 can but I want to get another mount and try the resonator with 556.

Here are a couple of cool videos to watch while you wait...

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
So have you got around to getting that extra mount and putting the Resonator on your 556? I'm getting ready to start the process and I'm considering using a .30 can on a .308Win, a 6.5CM, and one or more 5.56 AR's.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
So have you got around to getting that extra mount and putting the Resonator on your 556? I'm getting ready to start the process and I'm considering using a .30 can on a .308Win, a 6.5CM, and one or more 5.56 AR's.
no. I have 556 cans. I dont plan on buying a 556 mount to demo it.