SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    E forms: form 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E forms: form 4 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Has anyone been able to log into this POS of a website (eforms) long enough to get to the end where it says to use Pay.gov for your tax stamp?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering how this whole "E" thing has been going, I have opted to paper-file my recent purchase.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm giving it till the end of January then I'm going to ask SS to move my electronic ones to paper. Hopefully they can do that without screwing it up completely.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well…Ive got an update on my end. After not being able to login to eforms for days, I got in today (Sunday morning). Apparently the eforms site cannot handle the traffic. At the end of the process you click “pay” and it takes you to a Pay.gov payment screen. Once that’s done I verify as the FFL/SOT/ Transferor that I’m submitting. The Transferee (buyer) has to electronically sign with THEIR eforms login. Submit and its finally accepted. A confirmation email came immediately with a cover sheet to mail in with the two fingerprint cards. Thank God that’s done. After doing two or three it shouldn’t be such an issue *IF* atf can get their damn servers up to speed….and don’t expect to get any assistance from them regarding questions on the process.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First suppressor I bought (years ago) took 13 months from start to finish.

Just bought another and the dealer said "it should be done in under 90 days".

We shall see.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can we start a betting pool on that?

posted Hide Post
The shop I work at has successfully submitted 5 or 6 this week. We'll see how fast they come back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hlb14,

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
ATF dropped a utoob tutorial for online Form 4 use today,..

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hlb14:
She shop I work at has successfully submitted 5 or 6 this week. We'll see how fast they come back.

"Successfully submitted." Is that 100% of the ones you've tried to submit, or is there a failure rate in there?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
"Successfully submitted." Is that 100% of the ones you've tried to submit

Correct, we are still mailing fingerprints though.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shop I work at has successfully submitted 5 or 6 this week.

How are you uploading pictures?

Posts: 949 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

My guess is 5 months.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
Still much better than 13.

quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

My guess is 5 months.

Posts: 257 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
The shop I work at has successfully submitted 5 or 6 this week.

How are you uploading pictures?

We're using a cell phone to take pictures, emailing the pictures to our work email, saving to the computer then uploading to the atf.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I submitted an order (or so I thought) for my first suppressor back in October through a Silencer Shop Kiosk. The dealer warned me the process was slow and could take upwards of a year to get approval. They also told me to expect some forms to come via email from Silencer Shop for me to sign electronically.

I never received those forms (was trying to be patient and thought it must just be part of the waiting process), but contacted Silencer Shop last week and was told my info was entered through their Kiosk back in October, but the dealer never input the info for the suppressor so everything was just sitting there.

I called the dealer and they claimed they did it the day I made the purchase, but then said there was a two week period where they were having some kind of "glitch" in their system where things weren't saving. They submitted the info and within 20 minutes I received the electronic forms to sign and sent them back to Silencer Shop.

The person I spoke to at Silencer Shop said it actually worked out in my favor because they'll now be able to submit through eForms so I should have it in hand by about May instead of Octoberish.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we shall see if it works in your favor. Done correctly your Oct. sale would be 3 months in on paper. Nobody has a clue what eforms will do. And SS hasn't even got around to submitting eforms on purchases I made last fall. If its FIFO then I suspect your eform won't hit for a couple of months and the 90 days is a pipe dream of the ATF.
The whole thing is suspect to me. In any case let us know when SS says you have a submitted eform.
They have a bunch of mine in the pre eform status and no obvious progress.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
we shall see if it works in your favor. Done correctly your Oct. sale would be 3 months in on paper. Nobody has a clue what eforms will do. And SS hasn't even got around to submitting eforms on purchases I made last fall. If its FIFO then I suspect your eform won't hit for a couple of months and the 90 days is a pipe dream of the ATF.
The whole thing is suspect to me. In any case let us know when SS says you have a submitted eform.
They have a bunch of mine in the pre eform status and no obvious progress.

I guess I'm confused when you say they haven't submitted eforms for purchases you made last fall. Didn't eforms just go live?

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SS on its own decided to hold orders that are way prior to eforms going live to submit them via eforms. If eforms lives up to all its hype and reduced wait times that will look like a good decision. if it crashes and burns it will look stupid. My annoyance about the decision is that they didn't ask fwiw. and on those older orders they have yet to submit an eform.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

posted Hide Post
SS isn’t submitting anyone’s eForm 4. They can’t because the ID used to log into the ATF eforms has to be the person (or dealer) submitting it, and that’s not SS, unless they are transferring directly to you. Your dealer is the one who is actually submitting it. What SS is supposedly doing is sending the dealer all of the information, along with the fingerprint data file and photo, and the dealer is the one who fills out the eForm 4 on the ATF page and then you get with the dealer to certify it.

You’re not waiting on SS to submit the form. You’re waiting on your dealer (who may be waiting on getting the info from SS).

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. I haven't even received the first one and I'm already saving for another.