SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Parts needed to attach Silencerco Octane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parts needed to attach Silencerco Octane Login/Join 
posted
Hey all, finally got my Octane 9 and .45 out of jail. Now I need to know what parts I’ll need to attach the 9 to a Sig MPX, and the .45 to a LWRC SMG. I’ve tried talking wit Silencerco, but must have got the new guy, because he left me more confused than anything. Thanks.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MPX has a fixed barrel. The best option is probably a 3 lug mount on the barrel, and the 3 lug adapter for the Octane. You could also use a direct thread adapter (it they make one with the correct barrel threading) or the booster piston assembly, with the spring replaced with a fixed barrel spacer. On my MPX PCC, I have a Griffin Armament 3 lug mount that I use with a Wolfman with a 3 lug adapter. Just remember barrel threading is M13.5x1 LH.

The LWRC SMG has a moving barrel, so that requires a booster piston setup with the spring. Barrel threading is standard .45 caliber .578x28. I use an Obsidian 45 with the Rugged booster assembly with the correct thread piston.

HTH.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated. That is okay hat I was thinking, but it he guy from Silencerco was all over the place and had me second guessing.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just be a bit cautious on the MPX as its also tapered and not all the available mounts are for that. the best 3 lug I've used is from ILWT. You can also get one with both 3lug and 1/2x28 to have more options. I use that adapter with a 3 lug on a wolfman like Dwill104.
The LWRC I run exactly the same as Dwill104.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Griffin 3 lug mount indexes on the MPX muzzle, so the the barrel shoulder taper isn’t an issue, but it may be something to keep in mind with other mounts.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post