SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Practicality of suppressing 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Practicality of suppressing 10mm Login/Join 
posted
I've purchased 4 10mm firearms recently and will likely get 2 more.

Included in that is a nice PCC that would be great to suppress, but have always thought 10mm brought marginal gains as far as suspension goes.

My thought was to use the same can on several 9mm firearms I have but is that just wasting potential?

Anyone suppress 10mm before? Used a 40 can? 45?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

13 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Seoul | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not your guy on doing it (yet). I'm still!!! waiting for my B&T suppressor to show up for my APC10. But there is nothing even remotely special about 10mm. And the noise penalty for running a larger suppressor on a smaller caliber is generally pretty mild and sometimes the mfg. will give you caliber specific end caps or wipes if you really care.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 9865 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not your guy on doing it (yet). I'm still!!! waiting for my B&T suppressor to show up for my APC10. But there is nothing even remotely special about 10mm. And the noise penalty for running a larger suppressor on a smaller caliber is generally pretty mild and sometimes the mfg. will give you caliber specific end caps or wipes if you really care.

So did you go with their 40 cal suppressor?

13 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Seoul | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The APC10 is trilug so the options are limited, so yes its in .40. If I could find a trilug adapter to something else I would happily run a different option that's actually available. Same problem for the APC45.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 9865 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post