SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Need advice on Tac-Sol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on Tac-Sol Login/Join 
posted
Should I just buy a Tactical Solutions to slap on there and go with that? Is there a big difference in the 4" or the 5.5" for suppressed shooting? Is there another brand or model I should be considering? Or a different host entirely?

Thanks in advance. Can is a Huntertown Arms .22 Rimfire, if that matters. I can't recall the model, but it's not the expensive one. Guardian, maybe?

My first foray into the world of less noisy shooting, so all advice is appreciated.

reed99

Posts: 3 | Location: california  | Registered: November 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK sometimes I can read too quickly and miss stuff. But I've read this post a couple of times. What gun are we talking about? To do what, with what caliber and goals?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
He’s talking about a threaded barrel for a 22lr pistol.

OP: Most people go with the shorter barrel, as the silencer plus a longer barrel is a bit ungainly, and a longer barrel really doesn’t do much on a 22lr pistol. Supersonic rounds will be subsonic out of a pistol, as will subsonic (duh).

I have a 4” TacSol barrel on my Buckmark and it is a good setup. Huntertown isn’t the best silencer, but it will do fine.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I was just as confused as HRCJON.

Now I understand the question.

The OP needs to realize that a Tacsol upper for a Rugar MK pistol is an FFL item-it is the serialized component.
1) Trade the existing Rugar in for a threaded barrel Rugar.
2) Buy another pistol that comes with a threaded barrel.
3) Buy another pistol that only requires a drop in barrel.

Move out of California

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGfourme,

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I don't think Tac Sol is on California's registry so that's probably the biggest problem.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AFAIK they do both Ruger and Buckmark. I know about the Ruger situation (and own a Tac-Sol barrel for one via FFL transfer) but is the buckmark the same? I don't own one.
the Victory doesn't have this issue which might help those in hostile territory. In any case the OP has whatever those issues are to deal with and the answer on which length.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
The grip frame is the serialized firearm on a Buckmark, the exact opposite of a Roger Mark I-IV.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I run both the Buckmark and the Ruger 22/45 with the longish TAC-SOL barrels. They run and suppress perfectly. They get a thumbs up from me, if that means anything at all. Razz Wink Big Grin

You may wish to tell us what .22 firearm you are trying to suppress, what length you are needing, and what your application is.

Other than that, welcome to the SIGforum asylum.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Reed,

After looking into some California laws, are you sure you can suppress anything in California? I don't know your local laws, but I would look into that first.

If anything, I don't know that you can even own a Ruger upper in California, if that was your thing.

Do some research.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the tac-sol barrels are good to go. I’d go shorter to keep velocity down..

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even finding a non threaded barrel made by tac sol is a PITA. You can’t have a threaded pistol barrel in ca unless a muzzle device is permanently attached and you surely can’t suppress anything legally, you will never get the permit approved. Unless you are LEO or one of the very few Hollywood shops that somehow gets blessed they are special you know. Strangely AOW ‘shotguns’ in NFA trusts seem to have fallen through the cracks for the little people. So there’s that.

I’ll be buying a tacsol threaded barrel for my Buckmark as soon as my stamp is approved for my 22 can. First NFA thing I bought about a week after establishing residency in my new free state.

Posts: 4738 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post