SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    30 caliber suppressor for 9mm and 300BLK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 caliber suppressor for 9mm and 300BLK Login/Join 
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted
Wow, I haven't been on this forum for like 5 years but I came back to ask, if there is a suppressor suitable for dual use between a 10" bbl 300 blackout AR and a 9mm pistol? I want to maximize the money I'm throwing at a tax stamp by making sure I can put a can on my P226 as well as my little 300 blackout build I'm doing with Sigwally.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencerco Omega 36M.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind... a "do all" kind of can is going to be big (gonna have to learn to shoot through the suppressor on a pistol) and heavy (o.k. on a carbine, but on a pistol... like whoa!).

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Keep in mind... a "do all" kind of can is going to be big (gonna have to learn to shoot through the suppressor on a pistol) and heavy (o.k. on a carbine, but on a pistol... like whoa!).

My P226 has pretty tall sights but this is a definite consideration.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Tough question with so many suppressors on the market. 300 BO bullet diameter is 7.8 mm.
Critical assumption is that you will be shooting 300 BO Subsonic.
Rifles require a FIXED mount. Pistols require a piston with spring.
You could use a 9mm CENTFIRE suppressor. That keeps the bullet opening at 9ish mm to allow greater noise reduction.
DeadAir makes the Wolfman- fits the requirements. Also Wolfman-9SD
Wolfman specs: 14.4oz, 1.6: diameter, 7.5" length

Your options expand if you consider a 45 caliber PISTOL suppressor but only shoot SUBSONIC 300 BO. Larger bullet opening-slight decrease in sound reduction. Option of using wipes to reduce the opening.
DeadAir Ghost at 12 oz,1.375" diameter, 8.75 " length or AAC Tirant 45M at12.3 oz,1.4",9"

These are all modular suppressors--Wolfman can reduce to 4" at 7.5Oz, Ghost 6.2" at 9.6oz, Ti Rant 6.8" at 10.6 oz. You will lose approx 10 Db in sound reduction in the shorter configuration.

Suppressor weight and size are all comparable.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dead air wolf man is primarily a 9mm pcc can. You can run super 300 black out through it.

"5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (When shooting supersonic rifle ammo you must use the KeyMicro brake, semi-auto only rated on supersonic rifle cartridges. Full-auto rated on everything else) .380, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm
https://deadairsilencers.com/products/wolfman/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
These are all modular suppressors--Wolfman can reduce to 4" at 7.5Oz, Ghost 6.2" at 9.6oz, Ti Rant 6.8" at 10.6 oz. You will lose approx 10 Db in sound reduction in the shorter configuration.

Suppressor weight and size are all comparable.

Wolfman is 5.13” and 9.8 oz. in the short configuration. The numbers you provide are for the Wolf-9SD, the Wolfman’s predecessor.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Omega 9K would also fit the bill.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Rugged Obsidian 45 can that suppresses 45, 9mm and 300BLK SUBSONIC only. Currently looking for a 30cal can that will handle all 300BLK loads.

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Silencerco Harvester 30 cal super light can that will handle any 300BLK (up to 300WM actually) but isnt for extended rapid fire. An occasional mag dump maybe, but mainly a hunting can.
I went with a standard 45 can for pistol duties since I have both 45 and 9 to make quiet.
The Hybrid seems a decent choice for a do it all can, but there is the cost and weight factor to consider

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Griffin Armament Optimus.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have successfully used a 9mm SWR Trident with 300blk subs. All you need is a fixed mount and to make sure your subs are actually subs.

If you want to do Supers as well you will need a rifle can. I've been looking at a 30 cal can for just this reason that doesnt require a 2 pt mount. So far I'm looking hard at the YHM Resonator.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5100 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the Rugged Obsidian 9. Modular and designed for both calibers.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post