SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Question on Silencerco Hybrid results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Silencerco Hybrid results Login/Join 
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted
Per Silencerco’s website, the Hybrid 46 results show that the 45ACP is actually louder (barely) than the 5.56. My uneducated question is how? The 45ACP is slower and with less muzzle energy by notable amounts so what is it about a pistol round that makes it louder than a rifle round?

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
.22 size hole vs .45 is my guess.
my first can was an AAC Evo .45 and I was sorely disappointed to learn it wasn't as quiet as I thought it would be.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post