SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I submitted my SBR paperwork mid may and it came back approved 4 months later in mid September.

4 months? Heresy I say!! Heresy! Smile

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
Still waiting for my March 1st.. That he thought would be here in July.

I'm in the same boat, check cashed 3-1 for my trust, still waiting.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HeavyD Trust Form 4's mailed 28 Feb 2016, checks cashed first week of March, dealer emailed me yesterday to tell me approval has been received and that my Liberty Regulator and SilencerCo Omega were ready for pick-up.

Paperwork for a Dead Air Mask was submitted a few weeks later, so maybe by Thanksgiving...

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308th_sps:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I submitted my SBR paperwork mid may and it came back approved 4 months later in mid September.

4 months? Heresy I say!! Heresy! Smile

From what I understand it depends on the workload of the examiner you get ... they all have a back load but some more than others.

For instance:

quote:
Originally posted by rbh350:
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
Still waiting for my March 1st.. That he thought would be here in July.

I'm in the same boat, check cashed 3-1 for my trust, still waiting.

I got my March 17 form 1 e-file on August 31 IIRC

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AAC Tirant 45M on a form 4 trust just came home.
Check cleared/pending 3/1/16
Approved 9/26/16
Stamp arrived 10/4/16

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.22 can, heavy d trust, form 4 submitted 2/12, picked it up 10/5. Just under 8 months.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(3)Form 4 trust checks cashed 3/2, stamps approved 9/21,22,28, stamps arrived 10/5.

Posts: 560 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
I was making jokes to my friends that the 2nd suppressor stamp was going to be in before the 1st one, and I was less than a week from being right.

Form 4 on trust Submitted- January 28, 2016

Check clears the bank- February 4, 2016

Stamp at dealer- July 6, 2016

Scheduled to pick up my Sandman L at the gun show- July 23, 2016

I have a Sandman L awaiting approval. I won't see mine until at least November. Please do a review when you get possession of yours. I'm interested in seeing an unbiased review of the Sandman L. I've watched every video on Youtube about the Sandman L I could find.

Swage, I apologize for the delay on this but work has been killing me for a while.

I finally had a chance to run some through the L this weekend and from my experience, you're going to be a happy guy once your stamp comes in. Shooting the S and then the L, there's almost no noticeable difference from behind the rifle but standing about the 4 o' clock position from the shooter, you can tell the L is slightly quieter and the tone was a tad deeper.

If you want to know anything else, my email is in my profile. Please feel free to use it at will.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review Twist. I don't expect to see mine until January. I debated long and hard about which one to get. Ultimately they had an L in stock so that's what I went with. A "bird in hand" kind of thing I guess. I also picked up a Mask at the same time. Bow season just started so I won't be doing much shooting until January anyways.

My only other question would be POI shift. I understand that with it's mounting system that it should be repeatable. Since this is being mounted on several rifles I'd be interested to see what your findings are.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the review Twist. I don't expect to see mine until January. I debated long and hard about which one to get. Ultimately they had an L in stock so that's what I went with. A "bird in hand" kind of thing I guess. I also picked up a Mask at the same time. Bow season just started so I won't be doing much shooting until January anyways.

My only other question would be POI shift. I understand that with it's mounting system that it should be repeatable. Since this is being mounted on several rifles I'd be interested to see what your findings are.

I honestly didn't notice a PoI shift with either suppressor as opposed to shooting it with just the muzzle device and there was none at all when going from the S to the L. Granted, after function checking the rifle when bore sighted it's been suppressed the entire time but the rounds through it pre and post suppressor before fine tuning it were in a very comparable location.

In regards to the location of the S as opposed to the L, no difference at 100 yards.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
quote:

I honestly didn't notice a PoI shift with either suppressor as opposed to shooting it with just the muzzle device and there was none at all when going from the S to the L. Granted, after function checking the rifle when bore sighted it's been suppressed the entire time but the rounds through it pre and post suppressor before fine tuning it were in a very comparable location.

In regards to the location of the S as opposed to the L, no difference at 100 yards.

That's good news since mine will have multiple hosts. My OCD would probably kick in and I'd spend half the day re-zeroing my rifles instead of having fun shooting them.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ugh that was a long wait. 8 months and 2 days but I picked up my two suppressors today. I ordered an Octane 45K and Spectre II from Capitol Armory here in Austin on 2/8/16 and they sent the Trust form 4s on 2/9/16. Just got the email today at 3:30pm that they were ready for pick-up and drove across Austin in terrible traffic to get them, but now they are in my hands!

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of both on their current hosts:

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Ugh that was a long wait. 8 months and 2 days but I picked up my two suppressors today. I ordered an Octane 45K and Spectre II from Capitol Armory here in Austin on 2/8/16 and they sent the Trust form 4s on 2/9/16. Just got the email today at 3:30pm that they were ready for pick-up and drove across Austin in terrible traffic to get them, but now they are in my hands!

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of both on their current hosts:

You're gonna have some fun. And just in time for cooler (i.e. shooting) weather in Texas.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
You're gonna have some fun. And just in time for cooler (i.e. shooting) weather in Texas.

Yup, I have off from starting a new job until Monday and have a lot of yard work planned, but now I need to squeeze in some shooting and gun cleaning! Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
congrats man.
I have to wait until december (if i'm lucky) for my first can to come back.
after that however it's gonna be a can bonanza - i have 13 of them coming due in about a 2 month period.
sadly it's right in the middle of winter... ugh.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HeavyD Form 4 Trust for Silencerco Sparrow mailed 2-22-16
Check Cashed 3-1-16
Approved 9-28-16
Tax Stamp arrived and suppressor picked up 10-12-16

There is hope out there somewhere for all of you still waiting. Good luck.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Eforms SBR submitted 4-20-16, stamp recieved 10-12-16.
The PS90 is getting a trim!

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I just learned that in order to get the suppressor I want, it'll be 4-6 weeks JUST to get to the point where I can go to the dealer and do the paperwork. Eek

But tomorrow I send off my stuff to build an SBR, so I'm just happy to get the ball rolling.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I just learned that in order to get the suppressor I want, it'll be 4-6 weeks JUST to get to the point where I can go to the dealer and do the paperwork. Eek

Any way to pass on it and find something you want in stock?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Possibly, but at least this way I can space out the build over awhile. Big Grin

Plus, he didn't have a lot in stock. No biggy. I need to learn more patience anyway.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post