SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was talking to an ATF Agent buddy of mine. Told him how long it took to get my stamp. He told me it was stupid how long it takes. I told him I could not agree more.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
efile form1 trust
submitted 4/28
still pending

Just approved today!
My very first ATF item!

Question for the brain trust though....
I submitted this thing as a 9" 300blk MCX (used my current 5.56 MCX lower as the SN) with the intention of getting the conversion kit when they're available from Sig.
We all know how awesome Sig is about shipping their products.. so is there any problem with simply chopping my 5.56 barrel and using it until the 300blk stuff ships out?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
We all know how awesome Sig is about shipping their products.. so is there any problem with simply chopping my 5.56 barrel and using it until the 300blk stuff ships out?

Chop away !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
An update.....

I purchased and submitted forms through silencershop on 26 April.

Check was cashed on 3 June.

Still waiting to hear back. Silencershop is telling me to wait 6-8 months from the 3 June date.

I used an already existing trust which already owned one approved stamp. The previous one didn't take this long. I'm seeing that some of you ordered/submitted later than I did, and have already received replies. I'm wondering if this is a silencershop issue. I'm getting pretty impatient. It's been 7 months since I sent my paperwork in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AK,

Hang in there, you have a while to go I fear. My last Form 4 had the check cashed on 30 March I belive and still nothing back. Mine should be in the approval window now, but only time will tell.

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any Form 4's come back from around your submitted date. There's been Form 1's which were eFiled, but haven't seen any Form 4's. It also doesn't matter if you already have anything approved. I have 11 stamps in my possession already, doesn't mean diddly to the ATF when they go to approve the next one. It should, but alas it doesn't.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
An update.....

Still waiting to hear back. Silencershop is telling me to wait 6-8 months from the 3 June date.

I used an already existing trust which already owned one approved stamp. The previous one didn't take this long. I'm seeing that some of you ordered/submitted later than I did, and have already received replies. I'm wondering if this is a silencershop issue. I'm getting pretty impatient. It's been 7 months since I sent my paperwork in.

A friend of mine submitted a Form 4 with a trust for a suppressor the last weekend of February, right at a month after I submitted with a trust for a suppressor through the same shop.

My stamp was approved at the end of June, he's still waiting.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I still think this is about the stupidest process. There's just no good reason to regulate sound suppressors in such a process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
An update.....

Did silencer shop sit on your paperwork? My checks get cashed within a week of sending them.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I saw a post... That said they are trying to get the guys that read 650000 emails in 6 days to come help at the ATF..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks guys. I still think this is about the stupidest process. There's just no good reason to regulate sound suppressors in such a process.

Ya preachin to the chior dude Wink

I feel the same about all NFA items ... Well, maybe not explosives.

Even now, making an AR or an HK F/A isn't rocket science but we never hear of anyone using one in a crime ... Same goes for SBR'd & SBS's ... Is the law really effective?

Until the absolute ban on new fully automatic firearms there wasn't nearly as much interest in them pre-May 1986 as evidenced by the short supply of them now.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I'm sure most of you already know this, and probably have already done this. . .but if you haven't, now is the time to contact your state representative about H.R. 3799--The Hearing Protection Act. Now that Trump is soon to be in the White House, and we have a Republican majority in the Senate and House, now is the time to get this passed.

BTW, the Hearing Protection Act contains legislation to refund $200 to every person who bought a suppressor from the time the bill was introduced (10/22/2015) until the time it is signed into law. That is good news!

If this passes, buying a suppressor would be a simple matter of filling out a Form 4473 just as you would buy a gun.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:

BTW, the Hearing Protection Act contains legislation to refund $200 to every person who bought a suppressor from the time the bill was introduced (10/22/2015) until the time it is signed into law. That is good news!

Would be a return of $2600 for me Big Grin

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and just so the link is nice and handy for folks..

http://www.fightthenoise.org/take-action/

4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
The Hearing Protection Act is on Trumps to do list that I saw. It would be great to see it go through in his first 100 days.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to repeal the whole NFA and make it a simple NICS Check.. and leave the same day with your legally purchased item or items. The pay and wait for months is really getting old..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the call today to pick up my last Form 4! I'll double check the paperwork tomorrow (wife is asleep), but I believe my check was cashed back on the 30th of March. Just have a Form 1 sitting out there now that was eFiled the day before the changes as a "why the hell not?" If I see it in the spring I'll be lucky I suspect.

Form 4 was filled out on March 26th, check cashed on the 30th. Approved on November 8th and at my dealer on the 12th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattW,

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencer Shop here as well ... eleven months and counting. Three times they lost my paper on one from January 21, 2016 and three others are victims of the 41P paper deluge. What a crappy system.

Posts: 243 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
The Hearing Protection Act is on Trumps to do list that I saw. It would be great to see it go through in his first 100 days.

If it passed, I would imagine you could also build a suppressor without paperwork ... same as building a firearm from an 80% receiver or a flat & kit.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I got to Pick mine up today.. so it was April 1st to November 4th. so a Full 7 months. The guy that made mine said he is told that Trump is going to Executive order suppressors As soon as he can. He has can buyers calling him from major stores.