This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/5430049923

September 14, 2022, 07:26 AM
Ox190
NFA wait times
Form 4 Paper Trust
Submitted 11/23/21
Approved 8/23/22

My dealer received 14 stamps last week on paper submissions ranging from 7/21-12/21. To say I was surprised is an understatement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ox190,
September 14, 2022, 08:12 AM
nhracecraft
^^^Obviously VERY Disappointing performance by the USPS, but Approved BEFORE the Submission date seems like impressive service by the NFA Branch...Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 14, 2022, 08:39 AM
Ox190
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Obviously VERY Disappointing performance by the USPS, but Approved BEFORE the Submission date seems like impressive service by the NFA Branch...Just Sayin' Wink

Not enough coffee, fixed
September 15, 2022, 10:22 AM
Max_Vano
About 10 years ago, I put in 4 tax stamps at the same time. One SBR and three suppressors. They were all done the old fashioned way, on paper. I got the three stamps back for the cans at 6 months almost to the day and the SBR came in about two weeks later.

I currently am 6 weeks into an SBR and 2 weeks into a new can. Both the SBR and new can were e-file through my local FFL/SOT. He was kind enough to roll me through the Form 1 for the SBR after I created my account, as I wanted to get it right the first time and I loathe paperwork.

One of his employees, also a friend, has had his can in jail for just over 6 months via e-file. The word I'm getting is that the tax stamps are coming in around 10 months. Ugh. To think that in the countries where people can hardly own anything but bolt-guns can buy suppressors off the self and walk is asinine!

The NFA is and always has been unconstitutional, but what does that matter to the growing tyranny that is our gubbament.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

-Robert A Heinlein Nov. 1959
September 27, 2022, 08:48 AM
WRAM1
Form 1 for SBR submitted with eForms July 31 and approved September 26.
September 29, 2022, 11:50 AM
ElToro
SBR and SBS E-form 1 and prints and each submitted the same day in august. SBR stamp came this week in 42 calendar days. SBS stamp still pending.

Paper form 4 for 2 suppressors submitted over a year ago…
October 04, 2022, 08:57 AM
pulicords
My Dead Air "Wolfman" application was signed and submitted via The Silencer Shop on 10/18/21, approved 09/21/22, and stamp was received 10/04/22. The time actually went by faster than expected!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
October 07, 2022, 06:59 AM
bettysnephew
If a person has an eform4 in process, will buying a second can and filing for another stamp possibly be completed a little quicker since the search has been done already? Am I just dreaming that the second search might use the information that has already been processed and go somewhat quicker? I suspect I am expecting a miracle. LOL!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
October 07, 2022, 08:15 AM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
If a person has an eform4 in process, will buying a second can and filing for another stamp possibly be completed a little quicker since the search has been done already? Am I just dreaming that the second search might use the information that has already been processed and go somewhat quicker? I suspect I am expecting a miracle. LOL!

No. While in theory it should be possible, it rarely ever happens. They usually treat each application as a completely separate item unrelated to any other application you have out there.
October 09, 2022, 05:16 PM
Syngin1066
My most recent Eform 1 took 39 days, approved on 09/30/22. My 2 prior ones were 14 and 16 days, back in May and June. I’m not holding my breath in my Eform 4 for my Wolfman.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...
October 11, 2022, 04:59 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
I filed an eform 1 for an SBR on Sept 13 through my FFL and received my stamp via email this morning…just dropped the lower by my FFL for engraving Smile Smile Smile…even he was sorta surprised with the speed of approval…now I can ditch the annoyingly short LOP pistol brace for a more comfortable rifle stock Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
October 14, 2022, 01:11 PM
KSGM
Eform1 SBR submitted September 1st; approved today.
October 14, 2022, 01:34 PM
Chowser
My last personal eform 1 was 32 days. My paper form 1 for work was 2 weeks for approval. and then 3 more weeks for them to mail it.

Not minority enough!
October 14, 2022, 05:31 PM
DaBigBR
Got a paper form 4 back the other day at 369 days. The second one back in the last two weeks with +/- one year.

Got an eForm 4 approved today at 220 days. Last one was 200 days. Hard to call it a change in trend but we're still a long way from 90 days.

Added the form type for those that can't read the context to figure it out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaBigBR,
October 14, 2022, 09:05 PM
Oat_Action_Man
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Got a paper form back the other day at 369 days. The second one back in the last two weeks with +/- one year.

Got an eForm 4 approved today at 220 days. Last one was 200 days. Hard to call it a change in trend but we're still a long way from 90 days.

I'm still waiting on my eForm from mid March. 212 days and still waiting. What date was yours submitted on?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
October 15, 2022, 09:53 AM
Ox190
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Got a paper form back the other day at 369 days. The second one back in the last two weeks with +/- one year.

I'm still waiting on my eForm from mid March. 212 days and still waiting. What date was yours submitted on?

I've got one I'm waiting on from the end of March
October 15, 2022, 02:28 PM
DaBigBR
My last one was 3/4. I'd say you're probably getting very close. Although I had two stamps from 2/20 approved 30 days apart. Print cards were mailed in the same envelope.
October 15, 2022, 03:35 PM
hrcjon
Help me out. "eForm" or "form" by itself is not specific enough to learn anything in this discussion. What kind of eForm or form? I'm assuming that all these most recent discussion are F4's but we have some F1's described in this thread.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
October 15, 2022, 04:41 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Help me out. "eForm" or "form" by itself is not specific enough to learn anything in this discussion. What kind of eForm or form? I'm assuming that all these most recent discussion are F4's but we have some F1's described in this thread.

Eforms are electronic versions of paper Form 1s and Form 4s. EForm 1 came out 3-4 years ago, while EForm 4 came out last December.
October 15, 2022, 05:53 PM
hrcjon
Sorry my note obviously wasn't well drafted.
I know exactly what they are and what they do. I use them all the time.
But when someone writes "I'm still waiting on my eForm from mid March." or "Got a paper form back the other day at 369 days." it matters what form it is. An eForm4 from March probably isn't an interesting bit of information, but an Eform1 from March would be unusual and worth noting as you consider the range of ATF incompetence. Same for a paper form. A form4 at a year wouldn't be at all unusual, but a paper form1 would be.
Anyway mostly you can get it by the context of the dates, but it just seems not too much to ask to specify what exactly you are discussing when posting dates in this particular thread.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”