SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    CLEO copy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CLEO copy Login/Join 
posted
E-filing doesn't give you a CLEO copy anymore. The fine print still says one needs to be turned-in. LGS creates CLEO copies for its customers by redacting ATF copies. Why doesn't the ATF still provide one?

Or, why don't they revise the fine print?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
E-filing doesn't give you a CLEO copy anymore.

For which form and when did this change? I filed a Form 1 on 4/29 and I got a CLEO copy.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the when. Form 4.

When you filed your form 1, how was the CLEO copy provided to you?

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Form 1s, the CLEO copy is in the submitted PDF that’s attached to the email that verifies that your submission. Open that pdf, and there are two copies, one labeled ATF Copy and the other labeled CLEO copy in red at the bottom of each page.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger that, on the Form 1.

I don't think it's a super recent thing. Didn't you recently file some cans, Smudge? Did you get a CLEO for them?

Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I always assumed the "submitted" copy that I get in my email for the cover letter was for the CLEO.

Am I doing something wrong?

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1214 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Historically, the CLEO copy says "CLEO Copy" on the bottom, and has the serial number (among other things) redacted.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Historically, the CLEO copy says "CLEO Copy" on the bottom, and has the serial number (among other things) redacted.

Right, that's the last three pages of th "Submitted" copy that they email you. I got one with my form 4 last month. The ones I did through the other shop, that FFL mailed them off for me as part of his transfer fee. This one charged me a lot less, but mailing the CLEO copy was on me. I actually need to print one up today and drop it in the mail, so I'm looking at it right now - last three pages of that PDF say "CLEO COPY" on the bottom.

The one I got for my Form 4 a month ago was just the ATF copy, which I went ahead and mailed anyways, because fuck it.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So there was one submission that did not provide you with a CLEO copy?

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, but again, that was a Form 4. I don't know if the CLEO copy got emailed to my FFL.

posted Hide Post
If it's ever convenient in the future, and you remember, ask them about it.

Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Yes, but again, that was a Form 4. I don't know if the CLEO copy got emailed to my FFL.

The FFL who filed the form 4 sends the copy to CLEO. I've done 2 silencer shop trasactions in the past 2 months and was told they handle all of that.

Other than that, there is no requirement to send it registered mail or signature required. So good luck proving one way or the other. The entire CLEO thing is stupid in 2024. What could a CLEO possibly know that the database they run you through before approval does not. Anything related to CLEO should just be eliminated from this bloated process.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1348 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
FYI there is no records retention requirement for the CLEO to retain this paperwork.

What I am seeing these days are large retailers sending copies of the approved stamp paperwork through registered mail.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post