SIGforum
QD and, more importantly, A2 mounts, show their worth

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/4220030194

April 07, 2022, 10:55 AM
KSGM
QD and, more importantly, A2 mounts, show their worth
I have voiced my fondness of the A2 silencer mount ability more than once or twice. I am 50/50, when it comes to QD vs. direct thread; I really like direct thread in a lot of applications, due to it's typical shorter length and lighter weight.

The other day, two friends and I met to do some shooting. We use someone else's property, with permission, of course; we try not to shoot there more than once a week, and we always use silencers; because we like them, and to be polite. Lately I had been providing a silencer to each of them, as one of them doesn't have one of his own, and the other had been using one of mine that he was keen on purchasing for himself. On this day, I thought that friend two was bringing one of his own, so I only brought one for friend one; turned out I was wrong about friend two. Upon making the discovery that we were a can down, we quickly accepted the fact that we were limited to two shooters at a time, I removed my HALO, and gave it to friend two, so that they could both go for the first run. Without the QD functionality and the mount commonality, it would have been kind of a crappy situation. Just a cool anecdote for the silencer crowd.