SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    RMR sight and dot height and shooting suppressed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR sight and dot height and shooting suppressed Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
New to shooting suppressed...

Glock 19 w RMR cut slide + SilencerCo Omega 45K

Mounted on the threaded barrel...the top of the suppressor is just about 9 MM above the top of the slide

Short of going to an LGS and hoping they have some RMR optics to try out, what is the best way to make sure the dot in the RMR is not occluded by the suppressor. Is "dot height" a spec that can be employed to choose the right optic?

Thanks!

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be able to find a taller optic (DPP comes to mind), but you're going to have to zero it and end up with the same problem. You would also need a new slide and would be married to the DPP, which I think is fine, but for most uses I would prefer an RMR anyway.

Since the optic is meant to be shot with hard target focus and both eyes open, that should help. You probably also will not shoot much suppressed handgun relatively, so making concessions for it may not be worth it, particularly if it means having a really tall optic all the time.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post