SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    B&T 22 Suppressor anyone????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&T 22 Suppressor anyone???? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
https://bt-usa.com/products/22-suppressor/

Thoughts on this little guy? It’s a B&T so it has to be good right??
I am drawn to it because it is super light at 3.5 oz most others are at least 6.
Looking for a light weight suppressor to be dedicated to a little backpack 22.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’ll be watching this for sure. Thinking handy squirrel rifle and range use.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I have no experience on this specific suppressor. But unlike all B&T firearms which are all over the top excellent, I have found their suppressors sometimes have tradeoffs you'd rather not have. I don't have this one, but I do have lots of the 9mm ones.
So... on this one my major issue would be what its made out of and how do you clean it. Its a given on rimfire cans you have to clean them. I hate al in that regard. There simply isn't a good way. period. I have another rimfire al cored suppressor and I hate it. just suck it up and get something with SS baffles. My favorite is currently the DA mask, but the rugged is fine and for light weight I have the surefire. I promise the difference between 5 and 3.5 oz won't mean diddly after you have to struggle to clean it.
In any case not answering your question directly sorry.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Shouldn’t just putting some solvent in the suppressor shaking it up for a bit and letting it soak then blow it out after use work pretty well?
Or dropping it in an ultrasonic cleaner?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Rimfire is really dirty. A lot of carbon and lead deposits. Went to the range Wed nite--shot around 500-600 rounds of 22.
Ruger MK 4 had a thin coating of lead where the suppressor made contact with the barrel. Same thing on the S&W Victory.
Both bolts had a thick layer of carbon in spots--receivers were gummed up with carbon covering 1 " from feed ramp. The Victory was getting some feeding problems towards the end of the session. Took some effort to clean the receivers--Bore Tech Rimfire cleaner and elbow grease.

I haven't cleaned the suppressors yet. I expect Baffle #1 will be caked in carbon and lead. I will soak the baffles in Carbon Killer, then an ultrasonic bath of Bore Tech Extreme Clean. After that--a tumble with SS pins in a Harbor Freight tumbler. Pre treat with Silicon Oil to make clean up easier.
I think the best analogy would be spark plugs after 100,000 miles--no solvent will cut that crude off. You need metal that will stand up to high heat and combustion of aerolisized carbon/lead.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shouldn’t just putting some solvent in the suppressor shaking it up for a bit and letting it soak then blow it out after use work pretty well?
Or dropping it in an ultrasonic cleaner?

I have never found a product that works immedately like that.
Most are in the soak for a long long time and then add a little elbow work. repeat as necessary.
And al in ultrasonic is a potential problem that needs way too much work to manage and has had a number of bad outcomes for many.
With SS baffles its easy toss them in whatever method you like and don't worry. (I use ultrasonic).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Silencer Central SoLo is 1" x 6" long and listed at 2.7 oz. It's self service as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
https://bt-usa.com/products/22-suppressor/

Thoughts on this little guy? It’s a B&T so it has to be good right??
I am drawn to it because it is super light at 3.5 oz most others are at least 6.
Looking for a light weight suppressor to be dedicated to a little backpack 22.

Posts: 35 | Location: Jamestown, KY | Registered: April 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was researching and almost went for an Energetic Armament NYX but my local dealer gave me a deal on a mask and with all the good reviews and comments on it I chose to go that way. The EA NYX is all Ti so very light and user serviceable. If I go for another 22 cal, I am still tempted to go with the NYX.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2869 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless is absolutely where it's at on .22 cans. Sparrow, Mask, Oculus, and a couple others. I have an older AAC with stainless baffles. The baffles go into the ultrasonic for a few cycles and I chip large pieces of carbon off with a screwdriver, knife, or dental tools.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
How's titanium in the ultrasonic cleaner? I ask because I have the Chaos Gear Hydra Aluminum can and it's 3.5 oz and very enjoyable. It's completely servicable, but they also make one in titanium.

It's twice as heavy at 6.4 oz but will also handle 5.7x28.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1183 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post