SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Where do you go to get your fingerprints?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you go to get your fingerprints? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
If you don't have access to one of the Silencer Shop kiosks, where do you get your fingerprints done?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check local PDs. They might do it for a small fee.

I just ordered the cards from ATF (no charge) and had my brother's friend fingerprint me. I didn't think ATF would like the fingerprinting done by someone with the same last name.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Check with the guys that run CHL classes, they use fingerprint “people”.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The first time I went to the sheriff's office. It was a bit of a pain with having to schedule well in advance for a narrow time window during peak work hours, finding parking downtown, metal detectors and bag searches, etc.

The second time I went to one of these places after work, it was fast and easy:

http://www.fastfingerprints.com/

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow up question: do the fingerprints need to be inked or is there a way to get printouts of digital fingerprints?

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
The UPS Store did mine, digitally.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenmm:
The UPS Store did mine, digitally.

Did the ATF approve your form?

Can you walk me through what you did with the UPS store? I had fingerprints done for them for my job a few years back, but I believe they sent them electronically to the state.

Do they print out and physically hand you a card with your prints? Does it have all the mumbojumbo on it (ORI#, etc.) that ATF asks for on their official card?

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I use a standard black stamp ink pad from Office Max and do them in my office myself. Pad costs like 2 bucks. Windex works well for getting the ink off...fyi.

Never had an issue.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I use a standard black stamp ink pad from Office Max and do them in my office myself. Pad costs like 2 bucks. Windex works well for getting the ink off...fyi.

Never had an issue.

Did you put them on the ATF cards?

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Never had an issue.

Did you put them on the ATF cards?

yes. my ffl has the cards or you can order them online. Last time I ordered them, they came within a week.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
https://www.identogo.com/

In South Carolina, I have to select their "SLED hard card" option. They fingerprint for SC CWP applications as well as other government clearance like TWIC, TSA, HAZMAT, etc. Many of the local LE offices steer folks to IdentoGO because of limited staff, office hours, and amount that LE can charge for fingerprinting.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's one of those not too far from me.

If I bring the blank ATF fingerprint cards (with their ORI on it), can they just print them for me? Can I bring like 10 blanks and have them printed all at one time so I don't have to go back?

About how much does it cost? Not seeing a price obvious on their website and I can't call until Monday.

Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The SC "SLED hard card" fingerprints (blue FBI card) were done digitally. IdentoGO prints them out. I did not have to provide blanks. They print out as the blue card with black font entries into boxes, and the fingerprints are in black. The lady who did my fingerprints gave me two extra printed cards at no charge.

I believe the cost was around $20 - $25 back in December. I will have to dig out the receipt later today.

IdentoGO was super-picky about having a scheduled appointment (no drop-ins) and having the correct service indicated. Their online appointment system was unclear about what fingerprinting service that I needed. They had me rebook at no additional charge while I was in their office because I chose the wrong service. I recommend calling and asking before booking an appointment online.

I also got my photos done at the same time by IdentoGO. Somehow, the TSA pre-check that does passport pics is a different operating unit in their office. They were able to do my pics as a walk-in.

In addition to local LE recommending IdentoGO, Palmetto State Armory's Fernandina store (Columbia, SC) keeps a stack of the local IdentoGO business cards at their NFA counter. PSA doesn't do Silencer Shop. So, PSA requires you to provide your own completed "blue fingerprint cards" and passport photos.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Since I needed a sign off anyway, I chose local police chief for both prints and signature.

We got chatty, and he asked if it was OK to try one when the stamp came back, I said sure. No charge he says. Smile

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2004 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I found my IdentoGO receipts. $20 for FBI "blue fingerprint cards." $10 for passport photos from their TSA-related corner of the office.

I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
Back when we needed CLEO sign-off, I'd get prints and the sign-off all done by the Berks Sheriff (great guy). He charged $20 or $25, including the background check before the sign-off. I would just show up and a deputy bring take me down to central booking to take the prints digitally...

Now I just go to my local PD and they do the prints for free (the old fashioned way) as long as one of the CIs is around, and I leave them a copy of whatever form I'm submitting to give to the chief.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
For my first stamp I used my local LEO chief. Great experience and he did the prints and signed off without any issues. No appointment necessary. I had my then 2 year old son with me at the time and he had a blast in the process hanging out in the interrogation room while I was getting my prints done.

Second stamp my local dealer was able to do them. They had just recently gotten the system to do them electronically and now have them stored for the future.

Neither cost me anything if I remember correctly.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sheriffs office. The last time, I was wearing my Samsung gear 3 watch with a thin blue line punisher skull watch face. I forgot about it until the deputy fell in awe with it!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local PD crime lab does it on a walk-in basis, anytime during regular hours. They have a little station right in the lobby just for it. A little pricey at $15/card, though the convenience is worth it for me. I can pop in whenever and be out in 5 minutes.

Posts: 71 | Location: KCMO | Registered: October 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local PD did it at no charge.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post