SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone using a Griffin Gate-Lok HUB adapter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using a Griffin Gate-Lok HUB adapter? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I know at least KSGM has a Gate Lok can, but I'm thinking about snagging the HUB adapter. I know it's not the ideal way to mount a suppressor. I know it's also not 100%, and depends on whether the A1/A2 device you're trying to mount it on is actually made to the correct specs. That said, it's a way to mount a suppressor on a wider variety of rifles without having to buy special muzzle devices.

I have a Griffin taper mount can, and I have a HUB can. I got a Griffin taper mount to HUB adapter so I can use either can on any of the (so far two, soon to be three) rifles I have these muzzle devices on, but while that's cool, I'm starting to think what would be more fun is having one can that I can mount on the taper mounts and another that I can mount on basically anything that has an A1/A2 flash hider. Building a GUU-5/P clone that's almost done may or may not have played a part in this thinking. Razz

Is anyone using one of these adapters specifically? If so, other than them being machined to the proper size and a whole host of decades of manufacturing tolerance being an issue in whether they'll fit a given flash hider, how has it worked out for you?

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GateLok is rad. I have the M4SDK can (like you said), and I also use on of their Pocket/Collar A2 HUB adapter in a YHM TurboK.

The only bummer about both the GateLok and HALO-style Griffin A2 adapters is the length added. The Gate one may have a bit of weight to it too. A friend of mine has a GateLok HUB piece on the way, for use in his Aero Lahar30K. If I get to fiddle with his before you end up getting one, I'll let you know how it is.

Gate is superior in terms of useability, when compared to the HALO-style. Though the GateLok can have a bit of play or "rattle", depending on how snug the device is. Also, if the device is on the snugger side, it can be a bear to remove. I suppose it's better to have a bit of rattle, than to have it be real snug.

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post