SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppressor Wipes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressor Wipes Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Question about suppressor wipes - I watched a Dead Air video about buying some rubber washers to put in the wipe end cap on your suppressor.

So if the hole in the rubber washer (wipe) were smaller than the caliber you're shooting, would you need to drill it out or just shoot it out?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Dead Air Ghost
60A Neoprene
1.20" x 1/8", 1/4" center

Dead Air Wolfman
70A Neoprene
5/8"~1" x 1/8", 1/4" center

DeGroat Nano
80A Polyurethane
11/16" x 1/8" or 1/4", 3/16" center (optional)

Energetic Vox (S and K)
70A Fabric Reinforced Silicon
1-1/8" x 1/8"

Gemtech Aurora and Aurora II
65A Urethane
1" x 1/8" (center X cut)

Knights XM-9
70A Urethane
1" x 1/8"

Rex Silentium MG22
50A High Temp Silicone
5/8" x 1/8"
McMaster-Carr item 5787T63 and Punch 3427a17

Thompson Machine Poseidon
50A Neoprene
15/16" x 1/8" (.45)
15/16" x 1/4" (9mm)

Thompson Machine Wasp
50A Neoprene
5/8" x 1/8"

Posts: 2366 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just remember that the ATF considers stocking wipes as having suppressor parts and it's a no-no. You can, however, cut them out as you go, so long as you destroy the one you've just removed.

I know, it's stupid.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You can find plenty of "wipes" in the plumbing washer section of a hardware store, or just make your own from sheets as Smudge said.

They do offer slightly increased suppression, but they don't last long. You just shoot them out. I've seen some that have just a cross shaped slit on the end, others just a smaller than bore diameter hole.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do wipes affect accuracy? I can’t imagine a bullet going through thick rubber, especially off center, is going to be great for accuracy

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine that would stand up to the recent Supreme Court Chevron ruling.
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Just remember that the ATF considers stocking wipes as having suppressor parts and it's a no-no. You can, however, cut them out as you go, so long as you destroy the one you've just removed.

I know, it's stupid.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

Like I said, it's stupid, but I figured you should be made aware of what they'll still try to enforce by arrest and prosecution if they catch you doing it. If you want to be the one who fights it in court, I know we're all gonna be cheering you on. Razz Wink

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Do wipes affect accuracy? I can’t imagine a bullet going through thick rubber, especially off center, is going to be great for accuracy

Only good for up close Tom Cruise type assassinations.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
True, true!
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

Like I said, it's stupid, but I figured you should be made aware of what they'll still try to enforce by arrest and prosecution if they catch you doing it. If you want to be the one who fights it in court, I know we're all gonna be cheering you on. Razz Wink

Phone's ringing, Dude.