SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Manufacturers drop the ball on the Sig MPX suppressors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manufacturers drop the ball on the Sig MPX suppressors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have an osprey too. In theory it would work well but the first time I used it the piston was very hard to rotate with the brake open trying to line it up. Finally got it and the first shot it separated into pieces so now it has one round through it and is back at the shop. I found it very difficult to get aligned properly because it was so hard to turn.

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I found one that might work well. Dead Air Wolf-9SD. If I use an In Lead We Trust barrel with right hand threads there won't be any direction issues and its got good volume. Has anyone heard if these are quiet?

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
if you're going with an ILWT barrel, then wouldn't most any 9mm or 9k (if you want shorter) suppressor would work for you? What led you to the Dead Air over, say, the Omega 9k or others?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two issues were the mount and how quiet. Most 9mm cans are 1.375" and they just aren't quiet. It'll cost 250 more but this solves both of the problems hopefully. You shouldn't have to buy another barrel for this to work right. My MCX has 5/8-24 thread as it should so why would Sig do reverse metric on another gun sold in the US? Dumb.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Kinda tough to compare the 5/8x24 threads on a rifle with the threads on a pistol. While rifles usually come in one flavor per caliber (save a few one-off manufacturers), pistols show more variability; (most) all Sig 9mms are 13.5x1 LH so it doesn't surprise me that the MPX is as well. While it may not be folks first choice, I don't think that it should come as a surprise either to find that it does. I know a lot of folks don't like it, but I like the 13.5x1 LH threads more so than the 1/2x28. The coarser threads and larger shoulder created as a result make for easier threading of the can on/off; I've never had an issue with a can coming loose.

That said I'm still having a hard time following your logic. If you're saying that 9mm cans aren't quiet, what makes you think the 9SD will be any different? I get that it has a larger diameter, but you're trading length for width, so it may end up being a wash as far as internal volume is concerned. If you're really interested in db reduction, you ought to be looking at a .45 can as that is where you'll get the most volume in order to reduce the sound signature. Either way with the ILWT barrel I think you'll solve your mounting issues, so that opens up a lot of possibilities.

For me, I chose to go 3-lug with my subguns, so thread pattern isn't an issue, I just have to buy the correctly threaded 3-lug adapter for the barrel and I'm all set. Makes for easy on/off of the can without any worry about something backing off.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would consider 7.5" and 1.6" diameter probably quieter than 7.5" and 1.375" diameter. I think the perfect can for this gun would be similar to Sig's 762SD Ti model. If you had one of those with a solid direct reverse thread, titanium, 9" long and just barely fits under the handguard it'd be perfect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vapor Trail,

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
I own the 8" MPX PSB and just submitted the Form 4 on the Sig SRD9. Direct thread went on smoothly and looks/feels terrific. Going to hopefully get a test run with it over the next month with some 147gr and hoping for some quiet fun.

Not too much out on the webs with this particular CAN on the MPX, I will share my experiences if any one cares.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...-suppressor-9mm.html

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post