SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    CGS Hydra SS .22 suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CGS Hydra SS .22 suppressor Login/Join 
SF Jake
posted
Anybody have experience with these?
This will be my first suppressor going on a Savage bolt rifle. Figured start out on small caliber and go through the whole experience and wait….form 4 has been submitted so now I wait.
The suppressor is titanium tube with stainless steel baffles….I know one guy that has one and is quite happy with it….was just wondering if anyone here has any thoughts

Posts: 3155 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cgs hydra is a good silencer, I personally think most 22 silencers are fairly similar. My friend has a sparrow which is among the most affordable silencers and I can’t tell a difference between that and my dead air mask, banish 22 or TBAC 22 takedown so I’d have no issue with a hydra.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply the only thing to avoid in a .22lr suppressor is any parts made of Al and it being sealed. Once past that its a pretty mature design area and they are mostly the same. Don't own one but Ti tube and SS baffles is IMO about as good as it gets.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11140 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post