SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Holsters For Suppressed Firearms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holsters For Suppressed Firearms Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Okay, I know this is an unusual question. Do they make holsters for pistols with the suppressor attached? Like maybe a drop-leg holster?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6128 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Okay, I know this is an unusual question. Do they make holsters for pistols with the suppressor attached? Like maybe a drop-leg holster?

In general you can get “open-ended” holsters that Would work, I can’t think of a good reason to have one though unless it’s just for holding it while you walk around the woods. The draw on one would negate any benefit to have a regular pistol in a normal holster.

But if you just want one to carry one around while plinking or generally goofing off, any open ended holster could work depending on suppressor OD and shape.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Otto hit on the easy button.

Something like the Crye gunclip is an option.

I have also seen folks with the more competition-style tilt-in holsters, for use with a suppressed pistol.

No matter how you slice it, it's a huge compromise.

A sort of chest rig may be a superior choice.
It'd likely need to be custom-made though.

I suppose I am glad to have a 9mm silencer, and a pistol to use it with, but it's not something I mess with for fun, and I wouldn't ever care to holster the gun with the silencer attached.

Posts: 2457 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I think TRex arms has an open option called the Ragnarok, I believe. Also, they just released a sidecar attachment that allows you to carry it appendix albeit detached.

While that is retarded for 1/2x28, way to fine a thread pitch for quick attach, you can complement it with the Griffin EZ Lok muzzle adapter/piston, for much faster deployment.

Posts: 2055 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
At $40, Crye Gunclip is the way to go. If you try it out and decide it isn't that practical, you're not much money into it.

Posts: 17608 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
That's why I'm really bummed the Silencerco Maxim is discontinued. :-(

Posts: 2055 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
As stated above:

https://www.trex-arms.com/stor...nd_color_refs=%5B%5D

I have one.
It's honestly pretty shit.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1564 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its not often I see anyone do it, but I have seen a couple of times at matches. Two solutions...first a kydex holster with an open bottom that the suppressor just stuck out the bottom and second a double alpha race holster that retains the gun by the trigger guard area.
Neither looked very useful.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11159 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
This looks interesting, but it's only for Glocks. I have several that I might like to holster.
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
At $40, Crye Gunclip is the way to go. If you try it out and decide it isn't that practical, you're not much money into it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6128 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that thread, but it's not really for carrying a pistol with a suppressor attached.
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Check this out:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...770097054#7770097054

Phone's ringing, Dude.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool!
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
As stated above:

https://www.trex-arms.com/stor...nd_color_refs=%5B%5D

I have one.
It's honestly pretty shit.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
quote:
but it's not really for carrying a pistol with a suppressor attached
I got the impression the man made holsters for suppressed pistols as well.

Posts: 2457 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post