SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Savage AccuCan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage AccuCan Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Okay, so I stumbled across the Savage AccuCan and raised my eyebrows at another company jumping into the suppressor market.

Save AccuCan

Interesting start to their lineup. PewScience rated their 22 can pretty well, and looking at it, I noticed it's only 3.5 ounces!

Anyone have any experience with any of these yet?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Monocore-not the best for larger caliber
Direct thread--plug and play for one caliber
Carbon Cutters--unknown term to me.
Replaceable monocores ????

Posts: 2366 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The firing schedule relegates the larger ones to target shooting or hunting for me.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who comes up with these names?! There's another silencer company I have come across that calls their silencers "Thundercans". WTF. I use the word can in discussion about silencers, but I think it's a silly word to use in actual branding.

I am sure they're fine for use inside their intended parameters. As Smudge suggested, a potential buyer just needs to scrutinize the specs, and decide if it works for them.

Savage also makes shoot houses...

https://www.savagerangesystems.com/content?p=houses

...So a venture into silencers fits right into their apparently wide net.

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Personally, I don't really like the big Savage logo on the side.

The thing that stood out to me is the 3.5 ounces for the .22 suppressor. That's half the weight of a Mask.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I don't have one. Have never seen one, and until this post never knew Savage was 'offering' suppressors. But its a hot market segment so i get why they might.

That out of the way, there were a couple of things that stood out to me in the Pew review.
First the very odd choice of introductory language "The AccuCan AC22 is distributed by Savage Arms.." So who is making it?
Second, Savage doesn't actually tell you its construction, but Pew makes it obvious that its aluminum in baffles and tube.
.22lr cans are incredibly dirty and need regular cleaning. The one piece of advise I would offer is that you don't want aluminum baffles (or core in this case). The tube is not so much of an issue. But aluminum drastically reduces the cleaning options.
And I'm more of a established player buyer than for example P220Smudge but I'd sure be a bit leery on being an early adapter for a product that has so many other well established and proven alternative and the normal NFA problems of service when things to south. For example the B&T weighs the same and is a more established play. I'm sure there are others. Not that a .22 can is a severe application. But don't get an aluminum one unless weight outweighs all other concerns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
All good points. I'm under the impression the baffles are titanium.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
Savage doesn't give you much to work with...
Mounting Direct Thread Titanium Thread Mount
Materials 100% Machined 7075-T6 Alum. and 6Al-4V Ti.
But Pew straight up says "The silencer mount is titanium, whereas the monolithic baffle stack and tube are 7075-T6 aluminum. "

And given the weight I think you can conclude the majority of it is aluminum just comparing other cans that have a more known construction.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post