SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: Sig P232 Stainless Factory Mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: Sig P232 Stainless Factory Mags Login/Join 
posted
Looking for 1 or 2 P232 stainless factory mags in very good condition.

Posts: 17 | Location: Fairfax Station, VA | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Handgunner00,
I have 1 P232 stainless mag left. it is more of a brushed instead of shiny finish. It is a zipperback and the base is also brushed. Black plastic follower.

Pictures emailed. Is that what you are looking for?
If so, $50.00 shipped

Steve

05/27/22 Magazine offer accepted
Magazine shipped USPS
05/31/22 Payment received
Magazine received by buyer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sj4550,

Posts: 311 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
From Buyer:
Steve: We have a problem. This mag will not fit into my P232. A close inspection shows it to be measurably thicker than the factory mags that came with my pistol. I even put calipers on both mags and there is no doubt that your mag was not built for the Sig P232. It does take a .380 round, but that’s as far as the proper fit goes. Your thoughts here?

Update 06/03/2022
Replied to buyer I would not cash his payment and please return the magazine to me.

Magazine was returned to me and it fits in my P232 with no issue. Loaded rounds and hand cycled thru. My P232 serial # dates it to 2006. The buyer has a 2001 vintage. Still no clue why it does not fit his.

Pictures sent to buyer of fitment.

Posts: 311 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing I could imagine is that the grip panel screws are protruding into the mag well of Handgunner00's 232. Why his mag fits is a mystery unless his mag has grooves worn in it from grip screws. It doesn't take much protrusion to reject a mag as tight as the 232 is built. Obviously a guess here.

Posts: 492 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
Your guess sounds great to me, too. I have a 232 mag I'll sell if this is not resolved and an explaination arrived at.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1176 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I’m looking for a factory P230 mag, hence P232 should be fine...(.380)...thanks in advance...

Posts: 16 | Location: Maine | Registered: September 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post