SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S Sig 228 9mm upper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S Sig 228 9mm upper Login/Join 
posted
Selling my 228 upper that I used on my Sig 229. The slide is marked Sig Sauer Sigarms, Inc. Exeter, NH on one side, and P228, Made in Germany on the other. Used, but seems in good shape. Back when there was a Sig Group on Facebook, I sent this to one of the guys who modded it to use the 229 locking block. Please let me know if more pics needed. $310 shipped.
Payment can be about however you would like, USPS MO, PayPal friends or plus 3% (discreet), Venmo

Posts: 86 | Registered: January 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsyodes:
Selling my 228 upper that I used on my Sig 229. The slide is marked Sig Sauer Sigarms, Inc. Exeter, NH on one side, and P228, Made in Germany on the other. Used, but seems in good shape. Back when there was a Sig Group on Facebook, I sent this to one of the guys who modded it to use the 229 locking block...

What exactly are the mods? How is this different from one unmolested P228 upper? Thanks.

Q

Posts: 21699 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recall exactly, it has been some time. My understanding is that to use a 228 upper on a 229, you would normally have to switch the locking block or insert. I will check and see if I can find any messages on this. I will hold off on selling this while I try and figure this out. Please close this thread. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Update: I found the Sig Discussion group is still on Facebook, the work was done by Kevin John Byrd of Delta Defense. He noted that the upper won't fit back on a Sig 228 after his mods, which he didn't really detail. This was when he was doing FrankenSigs. I don't recall him doing anything to my 229, but just in case, I will sell locally. Thanks.