SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    SOLD -- WTS Book "Das Grosse Buch der SIG-Pistolen" by Lorenz Vetter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD -- WTS Book "Das Grosse Buch der SIG-Pistolen" by Lorenz Vetter Login/Join 
posted
SOLD - For sale is this classic, out-of-print, essential work for SIG collectors. The Great Book of SIG Pistols. A hardback written entirely in German language but packed with easily understandable detailed photos, charts and diagrams. Published by Motorbooks in Stuttgart in 1995. 240 pages. 12" x 9.5". No writing, highlighting or other damage. Dust cover is in excellent condition with only a few scuffs. Contains tons of details on model variations, grips, magazines, barrels and other components, along with holsters and tools.

Price is $295 shipped via USPS Media Mail to USA destinations only. I will accept a Money Order, certified bank check or payment via Zelle. The buyer should post here "I'll take it" and email me at charles.flick@NOSPAMbowmanandbrooke.com and remove the NOSPAM reference. Again, this book is written in GERMAN, not English. Thanks.

Regards,
Charlie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ordnanceguy,

Posts: 6 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
ordnanceguy, I need you to do something for me- Turn off your VPN, put up a post in this thread, and then you can go back to using your VPN. I need to make sure you are where your profile says you are. Nothing personal, but we've had substantial scammer activity of late. You appear to be legit, but I have to make sure, given that this is your first post after almost 11 years.

Let me take this opportunity to say that your book is worth every penny you're asking. I have a copy myself, and they don't grow on trees. Even SIG collectors who cannot speak or read German will benefit from owning a copy of this book. At one time, there were efforts to get it published in English, but it never came to pass.

Posts: 98088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Parabellum:

I am not using a VPN, as I understand that term, but I am using my work computer to post here as it is a better one than my personal computer. I am posting from my home in Miami, FL.

My ebay name, cpflick, shows 1144 transactions with 100% positive feedback (mostly as a buyer). My collecting interests moved away from SIGs a while back so I don't get here very often. That's why I am selling this excellent book as it no longer fits my collecting interests.

I hope that reaffirms my bona fides. Anyone with questions is welcome to email me and I can provide my phone number for any follow up.

Regards,
Charlie

Posts: 6 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seller since the forum does not have PMs, you may want to edit your ad.

If you are willing to ship your book to me and I mail you a check -- upon receipt -- please advise and I may make an offer.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello again, Parabellum:

It occurred to me that perhaps you could locate me easier if I posted using my old home computer rather than my work computer. So I have done so with this post.

And thanks for affirming that this book is an excellent resource for the SIG collector.

Regards,
Charlie

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tschiemer:
If you are willing to ship your book to me and I mail you a check -- upon receipt -- please advise and I may make an offer.

Thanks for the tip. I took that reference out.

And thanks for the offer. I will decline it and stick with my original terms which I think are very fair and well priced.

Regards,
Charlie

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'll Take It. E-mail sent. Thanks!

Posts: 3136 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Charles is an acquaintance of mine from the Colt and S&W forums.
He is a well known and respected US martial arms and accessory collector.

Unless someone stole his identity on this forum, he is a good guy.

Posts: 323 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ordnanceguy:
I hope that reaffirms my bona fides.
Thank you. You're all set.

Posts: 98088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I hope that reaffirms my bona fides.
Thank you. You're all set.

And thank you Para for the added level of confidence. Charles and I are now corresponding to finalize the deal and I am looking forward to adding this fantastic book to my collection. SIGforum is second to none. Best regards, hjs157.

Posts: 3136 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
Charles is an acquaintance of mine from the Colt and S&W forums. He is a well known and respected US martial arms and accessory collector. Unless someone stole his identity on this forum, he is a good guy.

Thank you for your generous comments, Malysh.

Charlie

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
Charles is an acquaintance of mine from the Colt and S&W forums. He is a well known and respected US martial arms and accessory collector. Unless someone stole his identity on this forum, he is a good guy.

Thank you for your generous comments, Malysh.

Charlie

Of course!

Our mutual friend Kevin thinks very highly of you as well.

Posts: 323 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book has now been sold to HJS157. Thanks to him and to Parabellum for allowing me to make this available to another SIG collector.

Regards,
Charlie