SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: PRICE DROPPED -- Spyderco PM2, Blind Horse Woodsman Pro, ZT 0770CF, Bark River JX4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: PRICE DROPPED -- Spyderco PM2, Blind Horse Woodsman Pro, ZT 0770CF, Bark River JX4 Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted
Prices dropped again 6/4/2024. New prices listed.

Hello all! Up for sale are TWO of the following knives. After TWO of the four knives are sold, I'll be taking down the advertisement--so, don't wait too long before reaching out to me. I actually really like all of these knives and would keep them all--but I've just acquired a Chris Reeve Inkosi and need to make room.

NOTE: I had just wiped down the cutting board with mineral oil for these pictures, so there's 1 or 2 photos where's there's a spot of oil on the blade handle or leather. I've buffed those out on the actual product, but see if you can spot them in the photo.

First, I have a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 in S30V, aka, the PM2. Asking $160 shipped CONUS.

This is your basic configuration, and the knife is near-new with no visible defects. I have carried it and used it, so it is *not* mint condition--but it has the factory edge still (minus a little stropping here and there).

Next, is a Blind Horse Knives Woodsman Pro in 01 Tool Steel. Asking $260. This knife was produced when Battle Horse Knives and L.T. Wright Knives were still working together. It is a fantastic bushcraft knife. Originally came with a saber grind, but I have given the edge a very easy to sharpen convex edge. Touch it up with some high grit sandpaper on a mousepad or piece of leather loaded with polishing compound. I have forced a patina in my own "leaf blade" pattern. The dangler sheath has been hardened with parafin wax and is now "waterproof" and stiff, sorta like kydex. The handle is actually green micarta in a matte finish, but has been coated with Obenauf's leather protectant, which darkens the color. Comes with a used firesteel which has been treated with furniture wax to prevent corrosion. The spine of the knife has been squared a bit to aid sparking with the firesteel. shipped CONUS.

Third in line is a Zero Tolerance ZT0770CF in Elmax Steel. SOLD

This is an ultralight, assisted opening, very thin carrying knife with Elmax steel (looks like it is harder to find now in Elmax, and that S35vn steel is the current production version). Carbon fiber scales. This knife was very lightly used, carried mostly in the coat pocket of my suit on occassions where having a knife clipped to my pocket would weigh down the drape of my pants. Factory edge still on this knife (though occassionally stropped) with no visible defects that I can detect. The blade shape is very cool--a useful Wharnecliffe shape, but still plenty pointy and a handle shape that lets you get a real good palm lock when it's time for the stabby-stabby.

Last, but not least, is a Bark River Knives JX4 "BushBat" in A2 tool steel. Asking $150 shipped.

This model is discontinued and no longer being sold. Probably because of its unconventional looks--but is honestly an awesome little knife. The long sweeping belly makes it exceptional for camp tasks like slicing, and the angle made it very easy to put your weight behind the knife for wood shavings and feather sticks. The point is still in a useful spot as a last ditch weapon (it's a name "BushBat" is derived from bushcraft + combat), and the finger ring is really nice. Put your pinky in the ring during camp use and you have instant retention against dropping the knife in the wet and cold, or reverse the knife in an icepick grip and use the ring like you would with a karambit.

Handles are micarta green, finish is a forced patina in my "leaf-blade" pattern. The leather sheath has magnetic retention, can be set up for left or right hand draw, and has been treated with Obenauf's Heavy Deuty LP leather protectant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13055 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Bump, new prices.

Posts: 13055 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Bump again for another round of new prices.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Third in line is a Zero Tolerance ZT0770CF in Elmax Steel. Asking $170 shipped CONUS.

I'll take the ZT0770CF. Email on the way.

十人十色

Posts: 2105 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
quote:
Third in line is a Zero Tolerance ZT0770CF in Elmax Steel. Asking $170 shipped CONUS.

I'll take the ZT0770CF. Email on the way.

Sold pending funds. Thanks Bob!

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
ZT0770CF received and is very nice! Thanks for the fast shipping.

十人十色

Posts: 2105 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post