SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: Well Established Business. It Is Way Past Time For Me To Retire.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Well Established Business. It Is Way Past Time For Me To Retire. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My small (mom-and-pop) business consists of supplying carpet cleaners (competitor to Rug Doctor) to retail stores, mostly Ace Hardware and True Value Hardware, for rental to Do-It-Yourself customers in the east central Florida area, with additional locations available both south of us, down toward the Miami area, and also north and west, into the Florida panhandle.

In view of advancing age -- I'll be 82 in two weeks from the date of this post -- and health and limited mobility commensurate with that age, it is definitely time for me to retire, so I am offering this business for sale.

This is neither fly-by-night, nor a new start-up. This coming Wednesday, January 3, 2019, will mark the start of my twentieth year in this business. Most of my customers have been with me all of that time, although I have picked up a few new ones along the way.

This sale will include everything for a turnkey business: equipment, a stock of repair parts, specialty tools, maintenance records, delivery truck, bottling equipment for the cleaning products, goodwill with the customers, everything that would be needed to just continue the income right from the transfer of ownership.

Training, as necessary, for the equipment maintenance can be provided, and if desired I will stay on board for a limited time to facilitate a smooth transition.

It is normal for WTS ads here to list a price. There are a few factors that preclude this, including a requirement for a non-disclosure, non-compete agreement to be in place before releasing specific details, and also the fact that inventory and supply stocks vary. I have discussed this in an email exchange with Para and I have received a green light to place this ad without a specific price, for these reasons. I can say that the selling price will be in the low six figures, with the possibility of some creative terms for the sale.

If you are interested in this, contact me through the email address in my profile. I can answer preliminary questions of a general nature through email. The next step would be a face-to-face meeting for more details, and if interest continues at that point, we can execute the non-disclosure / non-compete agreement, and proceed from there. Forum member ArtieS will handle any legal details -- he is an attorney, specializing in business matters, and he is also familiar with many of the details of this business.

Below is a photo of a typical in-store setup for smaller locations. Busier locations have up to six sets of equipment.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 25213 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My company used to rent Thermax carpet cleaners. They are the best out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 15706 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
My company used to rent Thermax carpet cleaners. They are the best out there.
Yup. Our Thermax machines do a better job than Rug Doctor, they are easier to use, and we have positioned the end-user rental cost below Rug Doctor in our area, so every time that we go head to head with them, we win.

We have a few stores that had both our machines and Rug Doctor, in the past. We outdid Rug Doctor rentals by more than ten to one, so the stores got rid of Rug Doctor and kept us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 25213 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Clean CarFax on that delivery truck? Big Grin

Just kidding. Good luck with your sale Sir

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 3521 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Clean CarFax on that delivery truck?
Of course!

Well, there was this one incident . . .

The damage done when Mercedes Girl (a registered Democrat*) ran the red light, was purely cosmetic. No functional damage.

*NOTE: I think I'm allowed to drop a political reference into my own thread. It tickles my weird sense of humor, because when I looked her up, one of the references that Google gave me, was the local voter registration site, which told me that she was a Registered Democrat. I don't know why I think that's funny, but I do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Hello there.

I am extraordinarily interested in talking with you. I live in Maitland, by the old Purple Porpoise.

Message Sent.

Posts: 377 | Location: North Mosquito County, FL | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Still available.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Of course!

The damage done when Mercedes Girl (a registered Democrat*) ran the red light, was purely cosmetic. No functional damage.

*NOTE: I think I'm allowed to drop a political reference into my own thread. It tickles my weird sense of humor, because when I looked her up, one of the references that Google gave me, was the local voter registration site, which told me that she was a Registered Democrat. I don't know why I think that's funny, but I do.

Not to drift your tread to far, but I remember that incident and the dash cam saved you from the he/she said drill. That is what got me to add a dash cam.

Posts: 3627 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Of course!

Not to drift your tread to far, but I remember that incident and the dash cam saved you from the he/she said drill. That is what got me to add a dash cam.
Ever since that incident, the camera gets turned on before the transmission comes out of "Park."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
As a business, do you also rent machines for auto upholstery? I'm in Melbourne, so I assume this is your territory as well.

Posts: 1145 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
As a business, do you also rent machines for auto upholstery? I'm in Melbourne, so I assume this is your territory as well.
We have hand-held upholstery tools for this purpose. The closest store to you, that I serve, is the Ace Hardware Store on A1A in Cocoa Beach. 705 N Atlantic Ave, the phone is (321) 783-1030, if you want to call before you drive, to make sure that there is a machine and an upholstery tool available (sometimes they are all rented out). Tell them that "L. R." said to give you a 20% discount. If the cashier is hesitant about this, tell her (sometimes him) to check with the store owner or manager, or if they are not available, to send a text to L. R. (that's me) to verify. My text number is printed on the front cover of the booklet that they have, that has the rental contracts.

I am assuming that this is for personal use, occasional. If you are in the auto detailing business, contact me through the email address in my profile, I have a deal that might be attractive, depending on whether you use these often enough to warrant the outlay.

And, if you are interested in a couple hundred sets of equipment, along with the business relationships with dozens of stores, I can offer you a sweet deal!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this thread.

I'm not getting any younger, nor have I had any miraculous improvement in my health.

I have had a few "tire kickers" who have dragged things out, and kind of worn me out, so I have handed the process of selling the business to a business broker.

If you have any interest in finding out more about this business, you can direct questions to me. If they are about the operation of the business, I will answer the questions; if they are about the sale of the business I will forward the question(s) to the broker.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים