SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB Mini Excavator. Finders fee added.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Mini Excavator. Finders fee added. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I have had a couple threads on the forum about mini excavators.

I have rented a handful of them. Worked well for me.

I have shopped all the sites. Equip. Trader, Mach. trader, Machinery Pete, Iron Planet, etc.

I have not really found something to pull the trigger on.

So I am going to ask here to see if any of you can help. If you know of one either private sale or dealer you can email me. It is in my profile. If it is close to you and you can take a look, even better.

Here is my criteria.

6000-8000lb machine
Most of these will be rubber tracked.
Bucket and hopefully a hyd. thumb or at least plumbed for one.
Enclosed would be ideal but most likely a ROPS.
Needs to be in good condition. Ideally 500-2500hrs
Well maintained.
I would prefer popular brands like
Cat, Kubota, Bobcat, Yanmar, Gehl, Komatsu, John Deere, Hitachi, Wacker Neuson, ect.

Budget depends on machine. Since I need to ship I have to factor that in.

Thanks guys, Email in profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 17730 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Bobcat and Wacker Neuson Dealer in central Florida and I can tell you that new inventory is scarce. Used machines are commanding a premium. I’ve been watching used machines with 100-600 hours selling above SLP. Unlike the MT series loaders from Bobcat, mini excavators have been slightly less volatile in pricing. If you find a nice used one below SLP, jump on it.

Posts: 1146 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lopezp. What is SLP. I assume that is like MSRP?

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
You didn’t say what your budget is but here is a used CAT…

https://catused.cat.com/en/con...31-87a39ebb0b8c.html

I have bought used CAT equipment from dealers several times and have never had any issues. They have all been maintained to factory specs…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 5650 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
That is a bigger machine than I can afford. I am looking to be in the low to mid twenties after shipping.

Something like this is more what I am looking for. Might pay a bit more for a nice machine.

https://www.mnolanfarmsequip.c...ettingscrmid=3647547

I need a hyd thumb or at least plumbed one. This one isn't.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Btt in case anyone has a local lead on one. Email in profile. Thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks Lopezp. What is SLP. I assume that is like MSRP?

Suggested List Price - at least that's what I've heard the acronym used for.

Posts: 4802 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent w lead on mini excavator just posted at $17,000 in Ark on a local hunting board

2003 Vermeer mini excavator,kubota Diesel engine, manual angle blade, two buckets, new tracks, 782 hours, expandable tracks, always serviced and kept inside and in good shape. Have all books and parts manual. I’m between Paragould and Jonesboro.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thank you Robert, that is a very nice machine and just what I am looking for. Except it is a 4000lb machine and I need about a 7000lb one. I really appreciate it. Thanks again Robert.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Btt Still looking guys. If you have a lead on one I would love to hear about it. Email in profile.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
btt offering a $250 finders fee if a lead materializes into a purchase Smile

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2344 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pyker, that looks like a pretty good machine. I appreciate the lead. A bit more than I would like to spend. But with the cab that is a big plus. I will look into it more tomorrow. I appreciate that.

That is about the perfect size machine for my needs. Hours are not terrible either. Looks like it was a rental machine, which a lot are when you are looking at used units.

Thanks again.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Not exactly mini, but in your price range and it looks pretty clean.

https://annapolis.craigslist.o...eady/7549912696.html

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 15926 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ORC, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is auctioning off quite a few Mini Excavator's next week in the Houston area. You don't need to be in person to bid, you can bid online if you see something you like and will fit your needs. As you likely know, there is some inherent risk when buying something in an auction, as it is often difficult to ascertain the overall condition of the item based on a few pictures. I've only looked at vehicles on Ritchie Bros, and while I've seen some sell for what I would consider less than market value, they haven't been "smoking deals" by any means...and the small potential price savings of the auction doesn't out weigh the risk of not being able to look at in person and really inspect it for issues....at least in my opinion.That said it still may be worth a look and you might pick up a hidden gem at a great price. Here's the link to the mini excavators: https://www.rbauction.com/unit...&utm_source=hs_email

Posts: 66 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: July 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the links and suggestions. I appreciate it.
Burton, that is a bigger machine than I could transport to locations I need it. That one also looks like it has been reconitioned, paint and who knows what else. His English isn't great either Wink

An auction is probably not something I would do at this point. But thanks for the suggestion.

Pykers Bobcat looks like a really good possibility. But probably $10-15k over my budget at this stage. But I do like it Big Grin

Keep suggestions coming. My email is in my profile too if you have or know of one.

a Thanks guys.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Btt guys. Still looking. Email in profile. Thanks all.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
If you are willing to be flexible on your hours I might have something. With supply issues not looking like they will get any better for the next couple years I don’t foresee the used market coming down. 2,500 hr max in that size machine is going to be a unicorn for mid to low 20s.

JD35
https://lanoequip.com/product/...ni-excavator-220697/

Kubota KX91
https://lanoequip.com/product/...91-excavator-120046/

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12750 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post