SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: P229 - steel frame w/o rail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: P229 - steel frame w/o rail Login/Join 
posted
Looking to get a P229, all steel, no rail. Prefer to have box, test target, etc. My email is in my profile, but I will not respond unless you post a reply here. Thank you!

Posts: 471 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 235 | Location: dallas tx | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Neex

Just checking on what you are looking for?

Are you looking for an all metal P229? With aluminum frame and steel slide like most P229?

And no rails.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the title states, looking for one with a steel frame (not aluminum). Thanks.

Posts: 471 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure you're gonna be limited to a Sport either the older compensated ones in 357 sig or 40 or one of the later ones that were brought in by importers that were only in 40.

Posts: 94 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
I'm pretty sure you're gonna be limited to a Sport either the older compensated ones in 357 sig or 40 or one of the later ones that were brought in by importers that were only in 40.

Sig made a run of the guns that the OP is requesting but I am not sure the exact quantity. This one is not for sale, but here is what is being sought.

[IMG:left] IMG_4960 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] IMG_4959 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 3009 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent you an email.
Thanks

Posts: 169 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is what he wants, i imported/sold both with consecutive s/n's!!

Posts: 2244 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:

Sig made a run of the guns that the OP is requesting but I am not sure the exact quantity. This one is not for sale, but here is what is being sought.

I forgot about the non sport 229-XX-S run, which is kinda silly as I bought one a few years back to make a sort of P229-9-Sport "tribute" gun. The SL posted by airbubba is the imported ones I was referring to.

Posts: 94 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by airbubba:
this is what he wants, i imported/sold both with consecutive s/n's!!

And I personally appreciate you doing that!

To the OP, these SL's are quite rare, with 70 some odd made by the now defunct German Sig Custom Shop, from what I can find. The do come on the market now and then, G.B. is a good place to watch, as I've bought two non-consecutives there. Truly awesome guns. Good luck!

Posts: 1305 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
I forgot about the non sport 229-XX-S run, which is kinda silly as I bought one a few years back to make a sort of P229-9-Sport "tribute" gun. The SL posted by airbubba is the imported ones I was referring to.

Pretty sure the production run non sport SL were all 40 S&W, while the sports were all 357 Sig.

Posts: 3009 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
There was also a P229 SSS version. No rail no tail. Don't know how many were made, but I do own one. Apologies for dumping on the Ops thread, thought it might be relevant info.

Posts: 813 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mine is a nickel frame with a stainless slide...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24405 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
Maybe buy a sport and put a regular 229 stainless slide on it. You might even be able to just swap out the barrel, but I’m pretty sure my sport has a heavier than standard barrel.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 467 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post