SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    withdrawn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

withdrawn Login/Join 
posted
items withdrawn. Had a sale fall through and I guess it made me second guess the whole thing, I will reply to emails and apologize for wasting anyones time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gregory056349,

Posts: 168 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Recommend you remove the email address in your advert posting and instead refer to your email address in your member profile's "Display Email."

That way people that can see your email address at least have to be members, which will possibly reduce the likelihood of your advert attracting a scammer.

Also recommend you require respondents to respond here, in your advert thread, as well as email. Again: Anti-scammer measure.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 22971 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, email inbound.

Posts: 1800 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir, I would like to see pictures of both. You can text them or email them to 4254423767. I’d be interested in the pair. Thank you, silverbullet762

Posts: 62 | Location: Seattle  | Registered: September 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
emails and messages replied to and original post updated to remove my personal email at the behest of a fellow member

I did not intend to break any forum rules, just thought providing a personal email would expedite communications

Posts: 168 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emails came through, thank you! (The other members weren’t getting onto you, just trying to make it harder for scammers to get your email address and try to take your money or kit from you; Keeping your email in your profile means that someone Has to register to email you, and lets you match the email to the profile so you know the member sent it. Smile)

Posts: 1800 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have added some wilson combat internal parts

Re the 9mm: which parts did you replace and are the original parts included?

Please send photos to the email in my profile.

Thank you.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2196 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:
I did not intend to break any forum rules, just thought providing a personal email would expedite communications
My cautions to you weren't rules, so much as guidance Smile

As I noted: Requiring access to your email address via your SIGforum member profile page might reduce your exposure to getting scammed. They can still sign up and get access, but that's one more step they have to take, and forum administration tries to weed-out bad actors during the process. No guarantees, but every little bit may help.

Scammer activity on all web forums with buy/sell sub-forums has become rampant.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 22971 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per our discussion, I will take them. Thank you, Sir!

Posts: 62 | Location: Seattle  | Registered: September 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPF to Silverbullet762!!

Love this forum. Always a positive experience so many fine members

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
My cautions to you weren't rules, so much as guidance Smile

As I noted: Requiring access to your email address via your SIGforum member profile page might reduce your exposure to getting scammed. They can still sign up and get access, but that's one more step they have to take, and forum administration tries to weed-out bad actors during the process. No guarantees, but every little bit may help.

Scammer activity on all web forums with buy/sell sub-forums has become rampant.

I do genuinely appreciate it brother. I apologize if my reply seemed terse. What you advised is a better and safer way, it makes total sense.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
quote:
I have added some wilson combat internal parts

Re the 9mm: which parts did you replace and are the original parts included?

Please send photos to the email in my profile.

Thank you.

Pulled the factory box and range bag out to take photos and while I can not recall ever doing this work..I have swapped out factory parts ( which I kept and have in the packages in the replacement parts came in) for the Wilson Combat Flat Wire full length guide rod, a chrome silicon flat wire 13lb recoil spring, a "bullet proof" sear spring, and a stainless steel "bullet proof" plunger tube assembly

I must add... as per the above posts this sale has more or less concluded, but I will answer the posts that came prior to completion of sale for the sake of being a gentlemen I suppose

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do genuinely appreciate it brother. I apologize if my reply seemed terse. What you advised is a better and safer way, it makes total sense.
No worries. You're good

posted Hide Post
items are available again. Prospective buyer sprung upon me that he'd like me to bring items to my FFL before he would send payment. In NYS it becomes a fiasco, my FFL would have to log these weapons into his books, Id have to pay a fee, and also shipping fees for each firearm, and then hope that the buyer sends payment...If the buyer had been upfront about his desires and needs to feel comfortable sending payment ( which I understand) I would have told him no thank you.

Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
I will take the Range Officer Elite 9mm package.

Email sent re FFL and payment.

Thank you.

– Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 2196 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Can you email me pictures of the TRP full rail? Email in my profile. Thanks.

Posts: 1750 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
After sending my FFL info, etc., I received an email from Gregory056349 and I understand where he is coming from.

I have absolutely no problem with his decision, and I hope he remains active on the forum.

Thanks, and take care.

– Napoleon Bonaparte