SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: Keltec Sub2000 9mm: Price drop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Keltec Sub2000 9mm: Price drop Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
I have an almost brand new Sub2000, Beretta 92 version, in the FDE/tan color. It's got less than 100 rounds through it. It will include the factory supplied 15 round magazine. Also, it will ship a CA compliant device that prevents easy activation of the mag release, HOWEVER, all you do to take it off is remove a screw, throw out the compliance device, reinsert screw. I'd do it for you but then I'd be a felon.

$525$500 shipped from my FFL to yours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thumperfbc,

Posts: 5553 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I have an almost brand new Sub2000, Beretta 92 version, in the FDE/tan color. It's got less than 100 rounds through it. It will include the factory supplied 15 round magazine. Also, it will ship a CA compliant device that prevents easy activation of the mag release, HOWEVER, all you do to take it off is remove a screw, throw out the compliance device, reinsert screw. I'd do it for you but then I'd be a felon.

$525 shipped from my FFL to yours.
Can this be converted to the version that uses SIG P226 magazines, or is it "stuck" with the way it came from the factory, for Beretta magazines?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 24839 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

$525 shipped from my FFL to yours.
Can this be converted to the version that uses SIG P226 magazines, or is it "stuck" with the way it came from the factory, for Beretta magazines?

From what I understand all you have to change out is magazine catch.

Looks like the parts cost about $12.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/...26-sig-mag-catch-kit

Posts: 5553 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I inquired on the Kel-tec website, asking tech support the same question. Here is their reply:
quote:
Once a GLOCK always a GLOCK. However the BRTA, S&W and Sig can be converted with the simple
change of a mag catch.
So it looks as if the two magazine types that would interest me, SIG and Glock, can not be accommodated by a user parts swap.

Now I have to think about this a bit more. If there were SIG / Glock magazine interchangeability with a simple parts swap I would likely be tempted, as I don't have a long gun other than a shotgun for the house, but I do have 9 mm handguns, mostly SIGs, with a G19 a likely acquisition ("You WILL Buy a Glock").

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 24839 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Well, I've "heard" that these most recent generation Sub2000's CAN go from Glock to not and back but you have to change more than the magazine catch. I believe you can buy the grip panels and change those out, but if for sure confirm that before you drop cash.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have this model too.

The Beretta Sub2000 is called a "Multimag" and just requires you to switch out the mag catch for around 7-8 bucks.

If this were a Glock model, then the grip halves would have to be changed out as well, but to go Beretta>SIG it's not required.

Posts: 27509 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
If you hold up a 92 mag and a 226 mag they are the same. The catch is just in a different spot.

Looks like both are/ were made by Mecgar.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
^^as above, the gen 1 Glock mag guns can only take Glock mags.

The others can switch between the other mags, BUT NOT GLOCK, by switching the mag catch.

I have no experience with the gen 2...

Clarior Hinc Honos

Make Boy Scouting Great Again

Posts: 1611 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'll bump this for thumperfbc, they are a neat little carbine and fun to shoot and hard as hell to find in any gun shop!

Posts: 27509 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
How about $500 shipped?

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Offers?

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Let's do one more bump to the top at $475.

posted Hide Post
I may take it for 475, provided the pistol i just asked about is already spoken for

Posts: 597 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent!

Posts: 597 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Replied. SPF. Thanks!