SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    $99 Gun Trusts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$99 Gun Trusts Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Ok,
Need a trust for my NFA. Also a question on transfers via FFL who dies prior to transfer.
Frank

Posts: 1926 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the online form as well as talking to Dean on the phone to get last minute questions answered - BTW - I got to talk with him right away after I called his office. Very informative and straightforward - my emailed copy of the trust came right away. This is so easy! I spent countless, frustrating hours trying to get this done thru my local attorney - thanks heavyD and sigforum for what I consider a very valuable service! Worth the price of admission!!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 587 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ice cream man
posted Hide Post
Dean, email sent with question whenever you get time.

Thanks

Posts: 657 | Location: IN | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ok, dumbass question as I don't have a clue.

I'm looking at picking up a suppressor this week. How quickly could I do a trust, how quickly can I use the trust, and can we efile a suppressor that my LGS has?

I've never gave much thought going the trust and efile route, but if it knocks 10 months off the wait, I'll do it.

Thoughts?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35694 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'm looking at picking up a suppressor this week. How quickly could I do a trust, how quickly can I use the trust, and can we efile a suppressor that my LGS has?

I've never gave much thought going the trust and efile route, but if it knocks 10 months off the wait, I'll do it.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of the same thing. If appropriate please share his response.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. FFL(01) NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 8693 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:

Thoughts?

SWEET!!!!! I'm not the only one.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 35694 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thoughts?

Maybe it is me, but if the reply comes on the Forum , won't we all get it.??

BTW, I will be doing my trust late Sept or early Oct.
Be well

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
quote:

Thoughts?

Be well

I was thinking it was a subtle "Dude, if he replies to you via email, please forward it to me just in case". type response. Covering of all bases and whatnot and things of that nature. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
quote:

Thoughts?

Be well

I was thinking it was a subtle "Dude, if he replies to you via email, please forward it to me just in case". type response. Covering of all bases and whatnot and things of that nature. Smile

mea culpe, dude Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thoughts?

My public response Big Grin

We are drafting trusts in 30 minutes during business hours and the trust is valid as soon as you sign and notarize. I am doing trusts over the weekend. So you could be ready to eFile in 30 minutes.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6606 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Order up!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 4896 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Order up!

Thanks, Tim. Give me a shout if you need anything.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts

Posts: 6606 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me as just another dummy.... If I E-file , how long is the wait ( for a suppressor) ?

I thought that I read somewhere, that the BATF has frozen the E-file system....or am I really confused ( which is common).

I struggle with all of this and desperately don't want to get sideways with the Feds...

Thanks ,mike

Posts: 1076 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Not sure who my beneficiary would be. Would make wife as co-trustee, but have no kids. Brother lives in a state where most items would not be legal. Can the beneficiary be unspecific (e.g. the winner of a future karma to be held on SF)? Just kidding....but can wife be co-trustee and beneficiary?

Posts: 5939 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Count me as just another dummy.... If I E-file , how long is the wait ( for a suppressor) ?

I thought that I read somewhere, that the BATF has frozen the E-file system....or am I really confused ( which is common).

I struggle with all of this and desperately don't want to get sideways with the Feds...

Thanks ,mike

Hey Mike,

eFile is currently down for Form 4 purchasing a suppressor from a dealer. Paper filing is approximately 6 months and decreasing.

If you make a suppressor or short barrel NFA weapon the wait is approximately 3 weeks.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Not sure who my beneficiary would be. Would make wife as co-trustee, but have no kids. Brother lives in a state where most items would not be legal. Can the beneficiary be unspecific (e.g. the winner of a future karma to be held on SF)? Just kidding....but can wife be co-trustee and beneficiary?

You would need a defined beneficiary. Your wife can be a co-trustee and beneficiary.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Regarding the beneficiary- to change it, would that need to be done on your end, or can it be done on our end?

Posts: 7285 | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
Regarding the beneficiary- to change it, would that need to be done on your end, or can it be done on our end?

Revisions to trusts must be done through a separate document. Our fee for revisions is $25.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
bump

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts

posted Hide Post
These trusts can be used for any NFA items such as full-auto weapons, as well as supressors, etc?

Posts: 827 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post