SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 345 | Registered: May 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luv44mag
posted Hide Post
I agree.... though it's a sad day when this has to be posted. But that is the way it is now days. Thanks

***If I lived in a free state, I could own guns like you***

Posts: 119 | Location: Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, couldn't agree more! Unfortunately, in recent weeks, there have been a few customers who asked for an invoice to purchase something, then welched. In today's economy,things can happen that would cause someone to have to cancel a purchase, but they should take the initiative to notify the vendor immediately.

What is protocol, if any, about sharing this information with you and/or lbj? Share with other board vendors?

Well done, Para!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish other forums could adopt a similar policy. Well done.

thomas bannister

Posts: 8 | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, have not heard from you or LBJ, if you are OK with or have suggested protocol for sharing this info with other board vendors? FYI, would never post or make info "public". Did receive a "heads up" from one forum vendor.

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you are OK with or have suggested protocol for sharing this info with other board vendors? FYI, would never post or make info "public". Did receive a "heads up" from one forum vendor.

Jerry, I think this is a slippery slope you are heading up. I think I understand what your intention's are. I would just say that I have had quite a few people say they have wanted to buy something I had to offer and never heard back from them or got any communication. Or a while later they respond and say "I will pass". I have not felt compelled to black list of notify others to be weary of them. Stuff happens. I feel like we have a process in place here for getting rid of folks who have bad intentions going in. Just my thoughts. Not trying to pick a fight. I am just a little guy selling some of my own stuff occassionally, not trying to make a living like yourself. I am sure that is more troublesome for you and I can appreciate that. orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rugged, I am only speaking of those who asked for an invoice and I make it clear that asking for one means you intend to purchase. Not talking about inquiries, no matter how enthusiastic customer might be. Customers, upon reflection, or in consultation with CFO (wife) have changed their minds, which is also fine! In those cases, they usually notify us within a day or so. They don't leave issued invoice "hanging", requiring us to follow up to ascertain intentions. Sometimes cars break down, AC's quit, etc. which is life! No hard feelings at all toward those! It's all about acting responsibly, not avoiding.

770-977-0662

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rugged, I am only speaking of those who asked for an invoice and I make it clear that asking for one means you intend to purchase. Not talking about inquiries, no matter how enthusiastic customer might be. Customers, upon reflection, or in consultation with CFO (wife) have changed their minds, which is also fine! In those cases, they usually notify us within a day or so. They don't leave issued invoice "hanging", requiring us to follow up to ascertain intentions. Sometimes cars break down, AC's quit, etc. which is life! No hard feelings at all toward those! It's all about acting responsibly, not avoiding.

Jerry, Understand and agree. Thanks. orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks rugged! Respect your voice of reason and sanity for some time. Guess this one time, I fit in! LOL

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
I agree and I hope for the most part that members are honest gun enthusiast. If you
want to check me out feedback wise I have
the same name on gunbroker. I have been
burned their in the past so I'm more
cautious about transactions but will still
buy online.

Posts: 38 | Location: Salem, Oregon | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 basic rules of honest contract/transaction!

--John/theinvisibleheart

Posts: 68 | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I have recently being scanning a color copy of my money order and the confirming letter and sending the same to the seller via e-mail. I've felt like this shows I have complied with my part of the deal and assures the sellers the funds are actually coming. So far, I've had a lot of positive feedback. Food for thought but for non credit card transactions or larger ones, this may be a way of showing good faith for the buyer, help the stress level of the seller go down, and protect both parties if something goes wrong.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BB61 good, post! Realize this makes extra trouble for the buyer though! Think it fair for seller to expect a check or MO payment to be received in a week, so if buyer is a little tardy in getting it in the mail, maybe should go Priority 2 day, but overnight Express Mail charges, often are close to CC!

770-977-0662

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
BB61 good, post! Realize this makes extra trouble for the buyer though! Think it fair for seller to expect a check or MO payment to be received in a week, so if buyer is a little tardy in getting it in the mail, maybe should go Priority 2 day, but overnight Express Mail charges, often are close to CC!

Jerry,
You are right, it is a little slower than a credit card but then there is no 3% mark-up by some vendors. For a lot of private sellers, there is no CC option so this is a good way of showing you are honoring your committment to buy the item and, of course, I don't expect shipment until the money is received by the seller. BTW, I always tell the seller the latest date I will send $$$ (bid on a Saturday money out on Monday type of scenario) and confirm that that date is OK. I then meet that obligation and confirm that I have done so with the e-mail.

posted Hide Post
BB, you were referring more to a private sale, but are a great example of being both conscientious and thorough!

770-977-0662

Picture of $eacat
posted Hide Post
Just say what you're doing, and do what you say!

Only done one transaction here but it went great.

=======================================================================

"Concealed weapons; what weapons? Besides, aren't you heading the wrong direction anyway?"

* * * * * * * * * "Just remember, there is no such thing as to much ammo!" * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * Always packing my SigSauer P229 DAK * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Posts: 28 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: November 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've forwarded emails to the webmaster email on a purchase where the seller received the USPS Money Order via Express Mail on 11-13 (second time sent as he claimed they never saw it). They are not returning calls or emails. I have not received the laptop. This was after they marked the Priority Mail (first time it was sent) as 'Wrong Box' and shipped it back to me. Before I turn this over to the Postal Inspectors, do you have any recommendations?

NRA Life Member, Many SIGs, FALs and ARs

Posts: 110 | Location: CO Springs | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bp, you purchased laptop from someone on this board, or elsewhere? You are such an ethical guy, not to mention reasonable, this is poor treatment of any customer. Given behavior, I would not trust laptop to be in condition they claimed! Would send a registered or certified mail, asking for return of funds by certified check or MO, before you turn it over to Postal Inspectors. Give them no more than a week from time they sign for it!

Good Luck with this!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
FWIW: I received the Express Mail envelope with the payment today, unopened and marked REFUSED and 'Return to Sender'.

Since I haven't had that many posts, anyone can find the post with the laptop sale, to see who the seller was, if you are interested.

Now to go through the headaches of getting my money back for the USPS Money Order.

Barry

NRA Life Member, Many SIGs, FALs and ARs

Posts: 110 | Location: CO Springs | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
BB, you were referring more to a private sale, but are a great example of being both conscientious and thorough!

Just trying to keep up with you! Cool BTW, that last transaction we did is for X-mas by decree of Mrs. BB61. So, I still haven't shot it yet! Frown But, it does look good in the vault! Smile