SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: SIG 551 silencer adapters, Colt barrel, LMT carrier, B&T FH, SF helmet light
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: SIG 551 silencer adapters, Colt barrel, LMT carrier, B&T FH, SF helmet light Login/Join 
posted
Colt barrel is in fantastic shape. This is old Colt; not new Colt. I bought it new in 2013 or 2014; unsure of production date. It was assembled once, and lived a luxury life on a novelty HEAT 733 clone. I'd be surprised if it has more than 300 rounds through it. One small section of rubber coating peeling off sling loop. I suppose it is technically a 933 barrel, due to the "F" front sight; I could be wrong. $275 shipped

Barrel markings are as follows:
4 stamped on barrel extension
O and G stamped on chamber area
Two Fs on inboard side of gas block
C9 on outboard side of gas block
C MP CB near muzzle

B&T Rotex three-prong flash hider. New. LH threads for earlier SIG 552/3 barrels. $165 shipped.

Surefire helmet light. New. White/red with IR beacon. No packaging. $100 shipped.

LMT enhanced F/A bolt carrier. Less than 400rds. No bolt. $180 shipped.

Email for pictures or questions. Payment methods accepted are CC+4%, PPf+f, personal check, or USPS MO. Will not ship until a week after deposit of personal check. Additional shipping fees incurred for AK, HI, WA, CA, and OR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 1159 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have produced a small run of Sig SG551 silencer adapters. The adapters use a Halo-style collar and pocket attachment interface, and are compatible with silencers threaded in 1.375x24, otherwise known as “HUB”. The adapters are CNC machined from 17-4 stainless steel, and salt bath nitrided.

In the interest of transparency, I want to make potential purchasers aware of a couple idiosyncrasies:

The HUB threads on the adapters are on the small side; this means there is a bit of wiggle when you are screwing the adapter into the silencer; the play obviously disappears when the unit is completely tightened. This phenomenon is consistent across all units and all silencers I have threaded the adapters into, to varying degrees, depending on the silencer manufacturer's thread tolerances.

The fit of the collar piece around the OD of the barrel, behind the flash hider portion, is tight. This tightness varies among the adapters. Some slip right around the barrel, some have kind of a “click” into place, and some are uniformly snug.

Q&A:

Q: Will the adapter work on a 550 or 551/3 LB?

A: No. Those weapons use one of two possible flash hiders of NATO dimensions. Depending on which flash hider your rifle has, there may already be silencer options available.

Q: Can you produce an adapter that will work on a 550 or 551/3 LB?

A: Yes. The same design can be modified slightly, and applied to a 550 silencer adapter. However, I don't intend to invest in a run of 550 adapters in the near future.

Q: Will this adapter work with my (insert make/model of silencer)?

A: Only if it is threaded 1.375x24 in the back. If the silencer manufacturer states their silencer is threaded “HUB”, 1.375x24, or 1 3/8 x 24, it will work.

Q: Will this adapter work on the 551 with the longer barrel without the grenade gasket?

A: No. This adapter is for a proper 551 only.

$180.00 shipped. Email for pictures or questions. Payment methods accepted are CC+4%, PPf+f, personal check, or USPS MO. Will not ship until a week after deposit of personal check. Additional shipping fees incurred for AK, HI, WA, CA, and OR.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redrider1596
posted Hide Post
Email sent regarding H2.

Posts: 320 | Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replied to redrider1596

posted Hide Post
H2 Micro now includes Larue mount.

posted Hide Post
Price adjusted on barrel.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'll take the H2.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6598 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H2 sold to SP. It was a pleasure.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
H2 received and looks great. Shipped it FAST!

Appreciate it.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6598 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Items and prices changed.

posted Hide Post
Items added.

posted Hide Post
I'll take the carry handle for $65 shipped, email inbound.

Posts: 288 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replied

posted Hide Post
Carry handle sold to Frenchy. Thanks for a smooth transaction.

posted Hide Post
Carry handle arrived yesterday without issue, looks fantastic. Thanks for the great sale.

Posts: 288 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post