SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB Sig P228 Two Tone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Sig P228 Two Tone Login/Join 
posted
Looking to buy Sig Sauer P228 Two Tone in good condition. Original box/Manual is preferred but not required. Condition is priority. Willing to pay shipping to FFL. Thanks!!

Posts: 101 | Location: Defuniak Springs, FL | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To minimize the chance of being scammed, you must insist that anyone who contacts you via email only, claiming to be so and so member and having the goods, to also post in this thread. If they don't comply, do not proceed.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
To minimize the chance of being scammed, you must insist that anyone who contacts you via email only, claiming to be so and so member and having the goods, to also post in this thread. If they don't comply, do not proceed.

Good point. I removed my email from view. Thanks.

Posts: 101 | Location: Defuniak Springs, FL | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shawnster:

No no, you need to leave it your Profile page, so legit members can start communicating with you, once the transaction ball gets rolling.

Just a couple of years ago, this forum, among many others, was flooded with scammers stealing money from members. But since para instituted the no-Profile-access-allowed to anyone registered after 3/22/22, the scamming activities have come to a halt. But that doesn't mean they're no longer around. Pretty sure there are still scammers who registered before 3/22/22 who are still lurking around, biding their time, then catch an unsuspecting members. Hence, the advice to insist anyone contacting you behind the scene that they must also post in the thread to verify legitimacy. Scammers always claim to be so and so member when they email you, but they disappear when you require them to post in the thread.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by shawnster:

No no, you need to leave it your Profile page, so legit members can start communicating with you, once the transaction ball gets rolling.

Just a couple of years ago, this forum, among many others, was flooded with scammers stealing money from members. But since para instituted the no-Profile-access-allowed to anyone registered after 3/22/22, the scamming activities have come to a halt. But that doesn't mean they're no longer around. Pretty sure there are still scammers who registered before 3/22/22 who are still lurking around, biding their time, then catch an unsuspecting members. Hence, the advice to insist anyone contacting you behind the scene that they must also post in the thread to verify legitimacy. Scammers always claim to be so and so member when they email you, but they disappear when you require them to post in the thread.

I misunderstood your original comment. Thanks for the clarification. I added it back. Thanks.