SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    SOLD: Sig P229 SSS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD: Sig P229 SSS Login/Join 
Just Hanging Around
posted
First off, let me apologize for my photographic skills, or lack thereof.

I am the original owner. I purchased this gun new in March of 2009.

I brought it home, field stripped, and cleaned it. Took it to the range, and shot 2 magazines, or 24 rounds through it just to make sure it worked. Brought it back home, cleaned it up, put it in a Bore Store, and it's been in the safe ever since, except for an occasional wipe down.

It comes with the original box, manual, night sights, and 2 mags. One still in the wrapper.
As an added bonus, since this is my last 229 .40, I am including 4 additional magazines.

Price for the gun, and all the stuff, is $700.00. My FFL charges $65.00 to ship including insurance.

My email is in my profile, and I would be happy to take any additional pictures you might want.

Normal forum rules apply. First I'll take it, followed by an email, is the new owner. Please make sure it can be shipped to you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Muddflap,

Posts: 2922 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email.

Posts: 894 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take it.

PS - email sent for payment info

-TVz

Posts: 341 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
This is Sold Pending Funds.

Posts: 2922 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
deal of the day

Posts: 7825 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!!

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE! I will take it seconds if the first deal doesn't work out.

Posts: 873 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this earlier and was wishing I had the funds laying around. Been wanting a 229st for a while. Congrats tvzombie. You got a smoking deal.

Posts: 2007 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way this will get past first, let alone seconds. But, if something goes south...

I'll take it.

Posts: 9082 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
wow! Eek

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10360 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Sig....have one but would have added another. Excellent acquisition for the buyer.

Posts: 203 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tra Vinh
posted Hide Post
Great deal!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong.
The P229ST was the limited edition version. Only small numbers were made. The value of this limited edition should be more than $1K.

Posts: 299 | Location: (30 16' 28.56"N , 97 44' 26.07"W) | Registered: October 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tra Vinh:

The P229ST was the limited edition version. Only small numbers were made.

I've come across serials from AM37, AM41, AM55 and now this AM76557.
So, I'm not sure how limited this run was/is, unless they ran a few at different times. But with all (or most) of them having the AM prefix, I'd think they'd keep the serials all in consecutive order. One never really knows though.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Tra Vinh:

The P229ST was the limited edition version. Only small numbers were made.

I've come across serials from AM37, AM41, AM55 and now this AM76557.
So, I'm not sure how limited this run was/is, unless they ran a few at different times. But with all (or most) of them having the AM prefix, I'd think they'd keep the serials all in consecutive order. One never really knows though.

For those who follow the old all stainless P229, was there ever one with the "ST" on the slide, like that with the P220 ST?

Q

Posts: 21382 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

For those who follow the old all stainless P229, was there ever one with the "ST" on the slide, like that with the P220 ST?

I'm no expert on the subject, but I don't recall seeing a slide marked with 'P229 ST'.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I'm no expert on the subject, but I've never saw a slide marked with 'P229ST'.

That's what I thought. And, since you're more expert than I, regarding that subject, it's settled. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 21382 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay Q, lol Big Grin