SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Swiss Army Stayglow Climber no longer made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Army Stayglow Climber no longer made Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Who knew?

I have one I have carried for a couple of years.

The older I get, the less tactical and more practical I have become.

A few years ago, I bought a Swiss Army Stayglow Climber. This is the one that glows in the dark and does so very well.

Mine now has some miles on it and the scales are showing its age.

No big deal, I will just order a new one.

Not so fast, former tactical, now practical guy. Apparently, this model has been discontinued.

I also have the smaller stayglow SAK.

Let the search begin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P-220,

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19611...0:g:H6MAAOSwvJFlbJTO

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Actually that is the Spartan, not Climber. However, I would consider that one.

I was hoping to find one in the US.

With shipping, over $100.00.

I have even looked at maybe re-scaling my existing knife. I may try to clean it up, hoping not to affect the ability of it to glow.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had a Spartan once. It's been lying somewhere in the woods on the side of a mountain outside of Pec pod Snezkou in the Czech Republic for the past 25 years. Maybe if mine had had glow in the dark scales I'd still have it.

Posts: 8583 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This Etsy seller in Germany is making 3D printed SAK glow scales.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1...he-dark-91-mm-scales

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
This Etsy seller in Germany is making 3D printed SAK glow scales.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1...he-dark-91-mm-scales

Thank for the link.

I really like the scale with the pocket clip.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
Are you looking for the Spartan, the Camper, or the Climber. All 3 seem to be mentioned but the thread title is Camper.

So if I understand this correctly, they still make the Camper just not the glow in the dark version right? Because all 3 of the above are all over the place for sale. Just not in glow versions.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Are you looking for the Spartan, the Camper, or the Climber. All 3 seem to be mentioned but the thread title is Camper.

So if I understand this correctly, they still make the Camper just not the glow in the dark version right? Because all 3 of the above are all over the place for sale. Just not in glow versions.

I apologize for the confusion.

The Climber is the one I have and misidentified as a Camper. IIRC, The Camper has the saw blade.

If I run across one (any of the three models mentioned), and it is reasonably priced, I will probably buy it.

The link provided above for the replacement scales is of great interest also, although they do not have the logo, much of which has rubbed off of mine.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve