SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New custom knife for a relative
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New custom knife for a relative Login/Join 
posted
Just wanted share photos of a knife we had made for my father in law. The maker is local, details below:

Stuart Davenport
4.5" Cibolo Creek Hunter
80CrV2 steel/ hardness= +/-63HRC/ 12° edge
Arizona Ironwood handle

I won't pretend to know all the processes he explained on the blade tempering. It is thin, very hard and a razor. He said he prefers to make blades for slicing, not cutting through car hoods. Here's a few shots, he's on bladeforums if you're interested.

Posts: 3638 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Elegant knife!

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 425 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
What does he charge for a knife like that?

Posts: 4682 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one was $250.

Posts: 3638 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have and carry a Bark River that is very similar to that but a bit smaller.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stunning!

I love the Ironwood on the handle.

Posts: 787 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful gift, I see a lot of Stuart's work on Blade Forums. He does some really classy Chef and Paring knives, I've been tempted.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post