SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Weekend at the Knife Farm-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weekend at the Knife Farm-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
we are now working on cleavers and i just rough ground this new shiv style fixed blade. i did one of these for a good customer and did a second one while i was at it. lots of Slim Chance file knives are in the works too. lots of folks ask me what we have cooking, so i thought i would do a fun WIP thread with different designs coming down the pike.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Looks like the crop will be plentiful! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
we have a ton of new goodies on the way this summer. glad to have such a great customer base. hoping to have some new shirts soon, too. been a while since i did actual merch.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Let me know! I’m in few a few shirts for the boys

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
will do. i need some new shop shirts, myself. here are a few more goodies. you can see one of the blanks is a bowie style chef knife that is new to the line up. it will be quite the looker when done. i wanted to make a version of what we call a butcher knife here in AL. nice, all purpose kitchen knife. just to the right of the cleaver blank.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice crop right there! Smile

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, that is just the stuff that is easily photographed. some things are being etched. some new stuff is in bits and pieces. we are working on some new folders and they just look like a pile of parts at the moment. we are trying to crank out plenty of stuff for the summer.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
One just right of shiv should be named fat chance... Smile Looks like slim chance bigger brother.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is that little shiv model. not a knife for just anybody. this is a very specific design. i made one for a customer recently and decided to do a second one while i was at it. cerakote finish with wrapped handle. gonna get some kydex wrapped around it soon.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well the cleaver is coming along like gang busters. it is so impressive. i already have another order for one of these. they are a bit more work to get that weight and geometry just right, but that is the fun for me.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of "Hassan chop!" Smile Granted different shapes and all....

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/siqPMOYh7DA

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i love that cartoon. i say that from time to time when cooking in the kitchen with the mrs. i will have to do that the next time i get a cleaver out.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here she is all wrapped up. just have to put the final edge on it.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Nice. May the new owner enjoy years of service. Smile

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks. i don't think they will be able to break it any time soon. she is quite substantial.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Very nicely done. Do you do your own wrapping of the para-chord? That is some nice work. It looks so simple to do but after trying it, I know it is not.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, yeah, i do all my own handle wraps. that is actually what i used when i was first learning. i wanted to focus more on the steel and the grinding, so i kept the handles simple. also, the wrapped handles were red hot at that time. it was the most requested handle style.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
a few new pics of a few of the things in progress in the shop.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
wow, i almost forgot about these little fellas. i don't do stainless models too often, so i thought i would put up a shot of these two. fresh out of heat treat. now to do the polish grind and decide on handles for these two.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
how bout one more cleaver pic. this one has a nice maple burl handle.

dozer