SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Anubis FL Folder-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anubis FL Folder-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
finally got this one finished. had to pause and finish up other knives. this one has a frosted Crime Scene etch and black barbwire off-side scale. the titanium side is anodized a cool blue and the blade is AEB-L stainless. 60Rc with cryo treatment. smooth action and nicely centered when closed. very pleased with this one. already sliced my thumb open directly after the final sharpening. you would think i would figure this out at some point. it is scary sharp, though.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice knife!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, we are planning on trying to do more folders in the future. i really enjoy making these types of knives.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
almost forgot one of my favorite aspects of this one. the serpentine filework on the spine.

dozer

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I like your design, it looks like it would feel great in the hand. Good to see you getting into new aspects of knife making, I’d say it’s working out. Smile

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks. i did a few of these years ago and just now got around to making more folders. i like to build balisong designs from time to time, as well. i have been carrying this one daily since i finished it and it is just the right fit. i am a big guy so i like the larger folders. i am thinking about doing a small run of these in tool steel with our copper hamon etched finish. that would be a wild combo.

dozer