SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Zero Tolerance Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Tolerance Knives Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
CF 560’s. Not sure why they discontinued this one. Other than not having the lock bar insert it’s as good as any other.

After researching I found that 0560’s with serial numbers 0-10,000 were manufactured without a lockbar insert.
0560’s with serial numbers over 10,000 had a lockbar insert.
So I searched until I found one that fell into that series.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Good to know. My three are all sub 10k so no lock bar insert. My experience has never had a titanium lock bar fail so I’m not real worried. I just got a 562Ti from USAmade, all ano’d up. What a great blade. Design and materials are tough to beat. I will probably pick up one or two more.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Added some brass stand-off, a .45acp overtravel stop & tied up a new lanyard with a .380 “bead”.

Kinda liking it.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Except for the clip Ive got this one just about where I want it.
Micarta scale, bronze standoffs, flame anodized.45acp overtravel stop , raw titanium screw set & a bronze lanyard bead (on some way too purple 550 cord).

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have 2 that alternate as my edc knife. ZT0301 and a ZT0562.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that lanyard idea. The clip is so strong on my vertx pants (reinforced edge) that I have trouble pulling it out. Lanyard solves that. I went blue instead of purple. Artistic choice. Lol

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Updated ZT 0562 family pic

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Here's my Zero Tolerance with a friend.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Does the 0562 feel very different in hand or pocket than the 0350?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does. The 0562 feels better.

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
As you can see, I prefer carbon fiber scales Smile

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
For you guys that might be interested, here is what I have

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd get busy and crank out more ZT9s!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only one ZT knife, a ZT0350 folder. What vendor do ZT collectors use to get your knives? Because, I would like to get at least a few more ZT knives. Thanks in advance.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
I have only one ZT knife, a ZT0350 folder. What vendor do ZT collectors use to get your knives? Because, I would like to get at least a few more ZT knives. Thanks in advance.

https://kershawguy.com is great to deal with and he ships fast. He has new, discontinued and blem ZTs.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kershawguy is great. BladeHQ is good as well. Prices are usually the same on identical items, sometimes one will have a model in stock that the other does not.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Carry this ZT0450, weak side, as backup neck stabber to my CC...

Absolutely love this knife; Ti handles, frame lock, fast as an auto, and came wicked sharp (don't ask me how i know)...

It's set up with a deep carry pocket clip instead of the original. It's carried tip up and can be very easily and very quickly opened with my good, albeit weak side, hand.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post