SIGforum
Price check on Wicked Edge pro pack 1

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7380022634

January 15, 2018, 03:17 PM
Slugger
Price check on Wicked Edge pro pack 1
What would be a fair price for a very lightly used wicked edge pro pack 1? I've got one that I'm considering releasing. It's got some extra balsa strops as well as extra fine ceramics.
Thanks much,
Doug

Anti-gun = Anti-American
Infidel Inside
January 15, 2018, 08:37 PM
DSgrouse
Hmm, looks like prices have changed a bit. I don't remember either my pro pack II or Generation 3 Pro costing as much as they are asking now.

I would start at 60% of retail. I also may have a buyer for you. My Father is looking for a way to sharpen them. He is tired of sending them to me.
January 16, 2018, 04:28 AM
sybo
I am interested also. Can you give me a shout out!
January 16, 2018, 02:43 PM
Slugger
Wow 60% for very light use? With the extra ceramic stones and balsa strops this package is pretty close to the pro pack 2 minus the angle cube. I was thinking something like $450. Shipping is probably going to run $20. That still would save a guy about $225 off a new setup.

I've sharpened approx 12 knives on it, just breaking it in. I just don't spend the time using it that I thought I would.

I'm going to try for a local sale first but will keep you guys in mind if I bring it here to the Sigforum.

Anti-gun = Anti-American
Infidel Inside
January 16, 2018, 03:03 PM
DSgrouse
Start at 60% for a good used kit, adjust +- forthe your use level. Adjust +- for additional or missing stones and strops. I wasn't trying to bust your chops, it sounds like it is near mint. There are a few more differences between the pp1 and pp2, but i don't' think you are to far off. It is hard to evaluate these things sight unseen.