SIGforum
What are you carrying or totin' today ??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7370099373

March 09, 2015, 03:10 PM
ulsterman
What are you carrying or totin' today ??
quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
My Daily kitchen

Great knife for the price
March 09, 2015, 03:49 PM
GCE61
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Today

Hey DSgrouse, a question for you on the red jigged knife. What's the purpose behind that blade profile? I've been wondering this for awhile and figured I'd ask.
Is it used to pocket open the blade?
NIce Schrade Ironwood by the way Wink
March 09, 2015, 06:08 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
Today

Hey DSgrouse, a question for you on the red jigged knife. What's the purpose behind that blade profile? I've been wondering this for awhile and figured I'd ask.
Is it used to pocket open the blade?
NIce Schrade Ironwood by the way Wink

To be honest I have no frogged clue. I like the edge/blade shape. If I had my guess it is for opening knots. I have a call into gec to find out now that my interest is piqued. There is a thumbnail tab on the blade also. So I doubt it is for opening the blade. The top of that blade is also a false edge. I will take better photos when I can for you.
March 09, 2015, 06:14 PM
Hobbs
I think it's for opening one handed when you catch it on something. Either that or it doubles as a lure for Muskellunge ... and maybe Roanoke Bass.
March 09, 2015, 06:52 PM
unarmed
quote:
Originally posted by chadw659:
What knife is that?

It's a American Kami GITFO.
March 09, 2015, 08:54 PM
HossTrader
Spyderco Police w/G10 handle. No serrations. Huge knife and I love it. It's the most expensive knife I've ever bought.
March 10, 2015, 02:21 AM
Hobbs
Got this 110 cleaned up and ready to go

March 10, 2015, 06:02 AM
DSgrouse
My vBob and mag, victorinox officer's automatic, queen canoe folder, GEC bull lock, and 1935 esterbrook. The esterbrook still has tones of ink, when it runs out I will rinse it and move on to the next for a while. The queen knife had a bit of pitting on the slip joint area and spine of the blades when it ariver yesterday. Careless finger prints. I cleaned them off with the 240 grit rust erasers. Oiled everything for today's use.

March 10, 2015, 09:04 PM
greekfed
A Spyderco Native, at least until my Sebenza 21 comes back from the spa.

March 10, 2015, 11:30 PM
Hobbs

March 11, 2015, 06:09 AM
DSgrouse
It arrived! What do you think? I love how thin they are.

Today's 1935 esterbrook, victorinox officer's automatic, perennial vbob, boker black jigged congress, Hubertus stag handle lock back.

March 11, 2015, 06:41 AM
vemon
Dragon today Smile

though last year's photo..
March 11, 2015, 08:56 AM
DoctorSolo
Is that a nipple ring in the lanyard hole?
March 11, 2015, 09:11 AM
vemon
Precisely! Smile because of a slippery handle it was necessary to use a ring for piercing and laser tattoos.
March 11, 2015, 11:02 AM
Hobbs
quote:
It arrived! What do you think? I love how thin they are.

You were right, I do like the K55K !!! Not sure why the gold paint started coming off so easily on the stamping but that's okay too. I went ahead and took it all off last night.

I had to go ahead and order a Douk-Douk too LoL.

Oh, one thing I noticed about my K55K ... the darn lock release is flippin' STIFF !!! Oh my poor thumb !!! I worked it and worked it against a flat surface and it's a little easier today but my thumb sure is sore in that one spot.
March 11, 2015, 01:18 PM
DSgrouse
Mine was stiff also, a few years down the road it is smoother. Much smoother. Pick up the rust eraser to clean up then blades as even a finger print will cause discoloration. I ended up picking up a queen q-tac today.
March 11, 2015, 02:51 PM
Hobbs
I like the patina carbon steel develops as it ages and is used Smile
March 11, 2015, 03:03 PM
DSgrouse
I am anal retentive
March 11, 2015, 03:21 PM
Hobbs
We can't take them with us. I carry, use and enjoy them all. They age and develop character just as surely as I do. Handling a knife that worked and hasn't let me down gives me pleasure. The "scars" that tool developed as it carefully aged and developed enhances it to me personally.

My knives are the one's you might see on eBay a hundred years from now that were lightly used and in excellent condition for their age ... depending on who gets them after me of course Lol. Mine won't be the ones that were stored and forgotten for decades, even generations and finally brought to the light of day.
March 11, 2015, 03:54 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
We can't take them with us. I carry, use and enjoy them all. They age and develop character just as surely as I do. Handling a knife that worked and hasn't let me down gives me pleasure. The "scars" that tool developed as it carefully aged and developed enhances it to me personally.

My knives are the one's you might see on eBay a hundred years from now that were lightly used and in excellent condition for their age ... depending on who gets them after me of course Lol. Mine won't be the ones that were stored and forgotten for decades, even generations and finally brought to the light of day.

Don't get me wrong, i use all of mine. I sharpen all of mine. The thing more than scrapes scratch that I can not stand is staining. It bugs me to no end. I clean it off as much as I can when it happens. I am a glutton for punishment though. My main kitchen knife is 5160 tool steel. I have to clean it every time I use it.