SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    One for one of the grandsons...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One for one of the grandsons... Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted
...trouble is: Which one?

Wil Stegner custom FL Model - 6AL4V Ti frame - 3” Devon Thomas “Raindrop” Stainless Damascus blade - 40,000 y.o. Mastodon Ivory scales

Posts: 4173 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I like knives more than I like firearms. I have seen a lot of knives over the years and I own quite a few that are on the high end.

I've seen you post pictures of this knife before and it is easily one of my all time favorites. It just kind of has it all.

The closest I have to it is a 2005 Chris Reeve Mnandi with Mammoth Ivory and Devon Thomas Stainless Raindrop Damascus.

You've got some lucky grandsons!!!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 898 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
How old is your grandson?

If too young, he might destroy/damage what I bet is probably a very valuable knife. Hence the coin might be better. If the coin is also high value, I would have it put in a plastic protector. That way he can't damage/scratch it as I know the value of a coin beyond spot is condition/grade of the coin.

If old/mature enough, and I were your grandson, I would love the knife. It is just gorgeous.

Posts: 3810 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a magnificent knife.

Did I mention I am available for adoption? Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36894 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling they would be proud to own either one. The most important is that the items came from their grandfather.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
h2oys, the older one turns 16 in June, the younger; 11 in April. I have very gradually built up their respective knife collections starting when they reached 8 y.o. This, of course with my daughter my son-in-laws approval. The Stegner is for quite awhile in the future. The coin is from a sack of silver coins my B-I-L has in his office that I use occasionally in my photography.

Posts: 4173 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
You have two very lucky grandsons!

Posts: 3810 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post