SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    MBS-26 steel. Any nuances?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MBS-26 steel. Any nuances? Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
I found myself needing a longer bread knife recently, and after checking some different sites, I ordered a Spyderco 10" from BladeHQ (along with a Launch 6 Big Grin ).

It says that it's made with MBS-26 steel. I've never heard of it before. Anyone in the know? Are there any precautions I need to be aware of?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that.
With less Mo, and no Co and V, it just won't be as strong or hard as VG-10. But should be good enough to cut my English muffins adequately. Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that it will hold up a bit better. Due to the fact it has a better polished edge retention.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post