SIGforum
The Emerson Thread...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/5570034313

October 07, 2013, 05:32 PM
Czechvar
The Emerson Thread...
Beautiful combo...I had two Rosewood P238's an loved the look and feel but hated the safety, give me a decocker any day. I'm not a 1911 guy so Condition 1 was tough to get used to as well. How about you...You carrying Condition 1?

It's great how similar in size the 938 is and still fires a 9mm.
October 07, 2013, 05:45 PM
snwghst
I'll have it condition 2 or 3

If I ever have to use it I want to extra second to make sure

It'll take a bit of getting accustomed to the MOA of a 1911 after the P6. Needed something small

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
October 07, 2013, 07:37 PM
ChuckFinley
The OBS challenge coins are again available

One, of course, must be a member of the Order in order to... well ... order.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
October 07, 2013, 07:41 PM
Czechvar
Hey...My second Karambit Trainer came today. I just need to flip the clip of one to the other side so I can do the twohanded drills on the DVD.

Ernie will be at Sealed Mindset on the 19th and 20th, and as much as I'd love to go I can't go. However, I'm making it a goal to practice the edged weapon drills and be ready to go next year if he comes back.

In any case, Larry Yatch runs his own Self Defense training and I'm going to dig into it and find out what I can take. Maybe get my daughter into a few classes. He's definitely on the same level as Ernie and Sealed Mindset offers world class training.
October 07, 2013, 10:04 PM
Czechvar
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The OBS challenge coins are again available

One, of course, must be a member of the Order in order to... well ... order.

I took mine to a gift shop to get my number engraved and it cost like $25 for 4 numbers. I priced a Jewelry store and they wanted $35. What a racket. Ernie should charge us $5-10 and laser engrave them before shipping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,
October 07, 2013, 10:21 PM
ChuckFinley
Got Dremel? Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
October 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
ChuckFinley
Apologies if this has already been posted, but a great video

October 09, 2013, 07:08 PM
Czechvar
My Karambit Training Knives and DVD...

October 10, 2013, 09:47 AM
Lame
Hard chrome spec wars are for sale. I got my order in.
October 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
Czechvar
Yep...I got an alert for the Serrated Clip Point...Still in stock...

I'm not buying, but you guys jump on it...
October 10, 2013, 11:46 AM
Czechvar
I changed my mind and ordered a Hard Chrome Clip Point Serrated. Looks like the Tanto tips may not be able to make it out of QA. You know how they are...nothing goes out that Ernie wouldn't put in his own pocket with pride.

I just got off the phone with Ernesto, these are dated 2001...highly collectable. Ernie and Mary gave us an early Christmas Present...fabulous deal.
October 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
Lame
haha, I knew you would cave...
October 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
Czechvar
I'm not sure what these knives are worth on the secondary market, but I'm reasonably sure Ernest and Mary gave us a great opportunity here...

Still in stock...

http://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/specwar/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,
October 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
snwghst
I never got a notification.....

Oh boy. What to do... What to do....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
October 10, 2013, 06:33 PM
Czechvar
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I never got a notification.....

Oh boy. What to do... What to do....

Well...Time to jump or get off the cliff... Smile
October 10, 2013, 09:00 PM
snwghst
I have no choice now...

I just gave my CQC-7 BTS to a fresh (within days) graduate from Parris Island

Simply saying "thank you for your choice to serve our country and may this protect you for life"

October 10, 2013, 09:03 PM
ChuckFinley
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I'm not sure what these knives are worth on the secondary market, but I'm reasonably sure Ernest and Mary gave us a great opportunity here...

Still in stock...

http://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/specwar/

October 10, 2013, 09:18 PM
snwghst
Damnit you 2.......

October 10, 2013, 09:24 PM
Czechvar
quote:
Damnit you 2.......

You're one to talk...Waving those fresh pots of crabs and shrimp in front of us...Shame on you! Smile
October 10, 2013, 09:27 PM
snwghst
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Damnit you 2.......

You're one to talk...Waving those fresh pots of crabs and shrimp in front of us...Shame on you! Smile

:P Big Grin