SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Large Fixed Blade Favorites
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large Fixed Blade Favorites Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted
I only wish the circa 1990 Gerber BMF in the pic was made from one of the modern Crucible particle steels. It's 440A stainless composition is not a great performer. Just added the ZT 0006 in CPM 3V last week so no wear marks on it yet. The CRK Pacific is in S35VN. The Tops Storm Vector still continues to impress me. Their heat treatment of 1095 is amazing.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could never warm up to the seax shape. I do like that ZT though. Kinda like a mini drop point bowie.

Posts: 649 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Reeves makes pretty, pretty knives.. Thanks for sharing that one!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
'bout as big as I go. An old 11" Western my mom bought me about 40 years ago.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I treasure the Cold Steel Trailmaster my fiancee gave me in 1991 for Christmas.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These TOPS are some neat big ones. I just have them as collectibles though.

Hinderer Fieldtac is a good one. I have a 5.5" version (this is 6") but don't have a photo.

Chris Reeve Green Beret is ok, not my favorite.

Zero Tolerance ZT-9 is neat. Long discontinued bayonet.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
The largest in my collection are forged by the late Jimmy Fikes. It took me over 20 years to acquire my Fikes collection, well worth the effort.

Jungle Honey, very rare:

Parang and Camp:

Another Camp:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Those are some beautiful Fikes blades there.

I bought a Busse Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade the other day on a whim, they seem ubiquitous at this point but was my first time with one. Wife loved it so much she got mad when I put it back up for sale again to buy a different handle config / uncoated blade.

Now I gotta buy her one of her own. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
@soflaac Good to see you here, another is the very cool Steevee I picked up from you.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
@soflaac Good to see you here, another is the very cool Steevee I picked up from you.

Very nice piece from Steevee there, light for such a large knife. Both he and Tony Mont seem to enjoy doing a lot of larger knife models. Big fan of those guys and their bowies.

<><

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I bought & sold the earlier Busse, the configuration I prefer arrived today.

Wife & one of my daughters buy dolls from time-to-time, since this knife is a little on the larger side the box was shaped very much like one of their doll purchases. UPS driver says to the wife "Another one!".

Not a doll this time. Wink

<><

Picture of rolin808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
^^Those are some beautiful Fikes blades there.

I bought a Busse Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade the other day on a whim, they seem ubiquitous at this point but was my first time with one. Wife loved it so much she got mad when I put it back up for sale again to buy a different handle config / uncoated blade.

Now I gotta buy her one of her own. Big Grin

I congratulate you on your choice of fixed blades but would never give my wife anything sharper than a spoon -

Everyone has their own personal Demons , I just tend to let mine out

Posts: 710 | Location: Honolulu | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold my CRK one piece knives; the last being a pair of new 25th Anniversary.

What's been working for me:
* CRK Pacific
* Pair of Busse Team Geminis

Looking to add a 3V ZT.

Posts: 330 | Location: Go West! | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
A few of my largest.

Busse no choil basic 10 LE

A couple old school Grayman Megapounders.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hinderer Ranch knives (top & bottom) are some nice ones on the larger side.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TOPS Tahoma Field Knife

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Top 2 will go to the grandsons.

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
A Bowie from Don Fogg, now retired.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
My favorite fixed blade is the Randall 25-5 followed closely by Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger and Duke

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2771 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post