SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Benchmade 917 Triage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Benchmade 917 Triage Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
I saw BM would be introducing this after the first of the year so I've been keeping an eye out for these. I could have ordered direct from Benchmade but I didn't want to pay full list so I waited till sellers had them. Actually got this one off of Amazon and it happened to have the black blade and serrated edge.

I really like the new drop point.

The glass break is a nice bonus.

Next to my most carried BM Williams & MacHenry 710. The scales are the same length but at 3 1/2" the blade is a little shorter which I like. The scales are a little wider but it's still very comfortable in my pocket. Feels lik

The main reason I got this was to have the strap cutter. This will replace my 710 and mini grip as my EDC for that reason.

Overall very happy with my purchase of a blade I'd not held before. It's very sharp to, no surprise there.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I too like the drop point.

I have the orange version w/o a blunt tip.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I have the older Orange/Blk Auto Triage and it is amazing. The all G10 scales on this new model might make it a little lighter to carry.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks nice. Hadn't seen that one yet.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if this comes in an auto yet? My current auto triage is my favorite knife by far and I really like this blade design!

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post