SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Ontario Survival Knife 499 - $22 at Walmart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ontario Survival Knife 499 - $22 at Walmart Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I just called. The rep said it must have been a pricing or discount error and per the terms and conditions they have a right not to fulfill. He agreed to send me a $10 gift card, and we cancelled the order. Bummer, I'd rather have the knife, but only bought if for the price.

No, they don't have a right not to fulfill.

Truth in Advertising is still a thing.

If they advertise that price (and hedge it by saying "subject to availability, as is often the case), they're still advertising that price, and at a minimum should offer a raincheck for the item at that price, if you ordered before the price was taken down.

They have a legal obligation, especially if others obtained the knife for that price.
Truth in Advertising deals with claims made about a product.

"6. PRICING INFORMATION
Walmart cannot confirm the price of an item until after your order is placed. Pricing errors may occur on the Walmart Sites or through Walmart Marketplace retailers. Walmart reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from Walmart. Walmart may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

Walmart.com Terms of Use

I called again today - still haven't received the $10 e-gift card.

Walmart can state whatever they like. Doesn't make it so, doesn't make it legal. Advertise a price, they owe it at that price.

Screen capture, report.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post