SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Custom Ares with Hamon-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Ares with Hamon-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
working on a full custom for a local customer and came up with an awesome looking finish. this one has a ferric/copper etch to bring out the hamon line. this one really surprised me. very unique look.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool mike!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I will do a nice bowie or kwaiken like this soon.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Very interesting finish and blade shape. Perhaps the "Aurora" look will be a new product finish choice in your stable of choices. I like the look a-lot.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Not a bad name for it. Yeah, I plan to put this new finish on several new builds. I can imagine a tanto style with copper in the wrap and this finish.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Ooooooooooh Tanto with copper!!!!!!!! Great looking blade there Brother ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i am looking forward to trying this out on several of our designs.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
got it finished up yesterday. we went with chocolate barbwire micarta with mosaic pins. getting the leather sheath finished up now.

dozer

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
That turned out very well. The handle color choice compliments the Harmon color line very well indeed. Had to re-read the part where this was for a customer. ( - =

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks. yeah, the bulk of my work is full custom builds, but i will be doing several knives for sale with the same blade etch very soon. i always try to keep several things in the "for sale" inventory.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Love it !

Another awesome creation D ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i think a Ringed Urban Legend will be the next model we do with this copper hamon finish. it is one of my favorite designs.

dozer

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks much, it is headed out to it's owner today.

dozer