SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I’m feeling BLUE⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️! NOW WITH PICS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m feeling BLUE⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️! NOW WITH PICS! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
Just got this back from Peters Heat Treating in Meadsville Pa. professionally heat treated guarantees my final HRC. If I request a certain hardness( within its limits) I get it. 61 hardness here, and D2 comes back BLUE after heat!!! I wouldn’t mind if it would stay that way after clean up and further finishing.

https://imgur.com/a/hl79yeB

I am gonna go with a Blue thought for scales bough......... stay tuned!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the final results. Hopefully at least some, if not all, the blue stays.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nope, no more blue on the blade. It’s like a thin layer that buffs off when finishing out. Now the scales, now that’s a different story. More to come later today!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rats. I thought keeping the blue of the blade might be too much to hope for.

Still interested to see the finished result when it's all done.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Some teaser pics!!!! It really turned out great!!

https://imgur.com/a/gYR2ey1

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Looking good Mr Grice!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - that turned out great! Not that I haven't admired your other knives, but those scales are something else.

Are they wood?

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
They are a Hybrid with Pinecone!! High grade Acrylic (I could be wrong) and the cone!

posted Hide Post
That knife is coming to live with me in Montana! Can’t wait to see it.

Posts: 46 | Location: Montana | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice!

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post